screenshot001.png.e66449c4043ed78201b8cc28647337f0.png

Hi there,

I have been tinkering with phaser 3 this last month and made a puzzle game i want to share with you all.

Check it out at https://supernapie.com/games/unmatch

It's a match 3 game based on the Wisconsin card sorting test. Properties (color, shape and count) must either completely match or be completely different. For example three red tiles with different shapes but 2 shapes on each tile. Or three different colors, 1 tile with one triangle, 1 tile with 2 triangles and 1 tile with 3 triangles.

It may seem difficult, but the tutorial levels will make it clear. After the 3 tutorial levels you unlock a level editor and you can beat your own score.

Feedback == welcome

level1.png.ae7220b1d96af10601348b93cdb05006.pnglevel3.png.1988976a820640f18836abebbdf3be04.pnglevel2.png.b7dc101ea8fe6b40ece2cdc74eb66fef.pnglevel-editor.png.4d8957ba0c03c5abfb2d548563bd1ec9.png

Amazing work. Works flawlessly on both landscape and portrait orientation. Also works on almost all mobile browsers including UC browser.

The game itself is clean, quick but fluid. The animation is just perfect, giving a good rhythm to keep playing more.

I haven't tried to go further than 3x3 though, but I am sure it's even more fun.

Definitely not the typical Match 3, this is better. It has more depth of game and is a greater challenge. But I wonder, what will a fan of the Candy Crush saga think? ...

Good job!!

Thank you for the feedback @toraleca and @onlycape.

I think hardcore fans of Candy Crush will think my game is a cheap ripp off of their favorite game, that doesn't have that many levels. Yet that idea won't stop from experimenting with phaser and try to learn game development. I just wanted to do something different from my normal platformer mechanics and thought the idea of 'unmatching' tiles was worth building a prototype around.