Poor browser detection

tyson

Hi all,  Has anyone used any other method other than browser sniffing to detect the stock Android browser?

I was thinking of measuring the FPS and then reloading the game with lower-res gfx, but I'm not sure of the user experience.

Cheers.

Tyson

There's no 100% reliable way - could you not do it on screen size instead? If they can display the high res graphics then download them, otherwise give them the low res by default?

Or actually given that most Android phones not running Chrome suck balls re: performance anyway, you could always give ALL phones the default low-res set and only give high res to Chrome / iOS :)

Or actually given that most Android phones not running Chrome suck balls re: performance anyway, you could always give ALL phones the default low-res set and only give high res to Chrome / iOS :)

Good point. I made the same experience. Even if you have a higher resolution device - think about any possible performance issue first - before switching to HD.