[Phaser] Cubxer

PIXIEDUST CATBOX

Hello everyone. I'd like to introduce Cubxer, a cube stacking match-3 puzzle game. Please check it out at the link below.

GAME FEATURES: Beautiful 3D modeled graphics and animations, cool music and voice effects, and endless ever-challenging levels. Works well on both desktop and mobile.

HOW TO PLAY: At each turn you control a dropping column of colored cubes. You can move and reorder the column using either the mouse or keyboard:
    LEFT/RIGHT-A/D keys or left/right swipe to move cubes left/right
    UP-W key or up swipe to reorder cubes
    DOWN-S key or down swipe to move down fast
Make color matches with cubes at the bottom. Matches are made when 3 or more colors line up vertically, horizontally or diagonally. Make enough matches and you advance to the next level. Let the cubes stack to the top and the game is over. Try to match as many cubes as possible each turn.

PLAY AT: http://pixiedustcatbox.likesyou.org/cubxer.html

Feedback is greatly appreciated. Developed with Phaser. Music by Eric Matyas.

preview.thumb.png.a8392fbaf3c627e2c49289c9be0bf607.png

The graphics look cool, but people who are colorblind probably can't play this game. I'm not colorblind myself, but I've noticed that many games simply do not take this into account.

It's actually pretty easy, just give each different color tile also a different symbol (or number or letter). Or have them filled in with different patterns, like stripes, dots, waves etc. Color blindness affects about 1 out of 20 men (5%), so this is a significant part of potentional players of your game, so I think it's worth it. See also: Color-blind gamers: common. Developer awareness? Minimal

On 4/18/2018 at 9:20 AM, BdR said:

The graphics look cool, but people who are colorblind probably can't play this game. I'm not colorblind myself, but I've noticed that many games simply do not take this into account.

It's actually pretty easy, just give each different color tile also a different symbol (or number or letter). Or have them filled in with different patterns, like stripes, dots, waves etc. Color blindness affects about 1 out of 20 men (5%), so this is a significant part of potentional players of your game, so I think it's worth it. See also: Color-blind gamers: common. Developer awareness? Minimal

I don't think this is something most people need to consider. You could just say, great job! Don't find reasons to be offended over everything