Audio Rhythm Syncing

isekream

I'm trying to develop an audio rhythm based 2d html5 game and need some advice. 

I'm trying to develop the logic to sync the audio with the games animation. I do not need a constant animated sequence nor do I need to sync user input but I do need the animation to play once per selected be at and on time/ beat and be able to increase the number of beats eventually animating on almost all notes per bar for the duration of the audio.

Now I've researched various method on how to compensate FPS for BPS when trying to sync audio with visual/ input tasks but I'm wondering if this is overkill for me. I have access to the audio's time update method and the BPM of each audio. I also have the time position of each beat( via http://sonicapi.com). 

In having all these factors I'm asking the following questions

• Should I sync the BPS with FPS to get audio sync? 
  • Should I update animations based on audio current playhead?
  • Should I try to correlate a currentime stamp with the audio playhead position and try to use the audio beat time position for accuracy?

As a side note Has anyone ever trying to fiddle with detecting "voice notes" in a song? I'm looking at PulseJS and ClubberJS but not sure how to devise a detection formula