Using the GearVR controllers

HoloLite

Does anybody know how to control the sensitivity of the the webvr controller's rotation movements...

When using the Oculus Go and rotating using the Touch Pad on the controller... its really jerky/jumpy... have to swipe several times and it seems to overswipe alot... hard to just turn around by swiping the touch pad to rotate.

UPDATE

I think it might be TAP left or right on Oculus Go controller to rotate... NOT SWIPE LEFT OR RIGHT... BUT TAP

I think that is what the problem is, not sensitivity 

19 hours ago, HoloLite said:

It seems like there are problems with recent bjs build with regard to Go support. 

Qs for you:

Which version of bjs are you using? 

Does the controller mesh actually show up on the scene? 

3.3 Alpha 9... And works great... Although its not the actual Oculus Go controller mesh... I think it says somewhere that the go actually using the GearVR controller mesh

Does anybody know how @davrous put the 'Action' on the circle mesh above the Mansion in his VRExperienceHelper...

I see many MANY references to how you can GAZE or put the pointer lasrer beam on the circle mesh and press trigger or gamepad 'A' to trigger it... But i dont see anywhere how to setup

that action on the mesh ... it looks like he is setting that up in 3DS Max... If that is the case... I would love to be able to setup those actions on meshes in the Unity Toolkit As Well...

Plus i would like to know how to do that from code...

Yo @Deltakosh ... you got info on this ???

Hey Mackey, just to make sure I understand the question, are you referring to handling the select or trigger button event? In other words, how to hookup your callback for this event? So that when user select a mesh and click on it, your callback is getting called? Or are talking about something  advanced here? :)

We've been using the Actions from the ActionManager via the 3DSMax exporter which is still today the richer version we've got with the Action Builder integrated. You can build the same actions by code, looking at our doc.

As soon as the VRHelper finds an action registered on a mesh, it shows a different ray from the controller and let you activate the action with the trigger.

We're working in 3.3 to easily transform any mesh into an interactive element. Stay tuned!

6 hours ago, HoloLite said:

Hey Mackey, just to make sure I understand the question, are you referring to handling the select or trigger button event? In other words, how to hookup your callback for this event? So that when user select a mesh and click on it, your callback is getting called? Or are talking about something  advanced here? :)

How Dave hooked up the action in 3ds max... appearntly the is an ActionBuilder he is using from 3ds max

3 hours ago, davrous said:

We've been using the Actions from the ActionManager via the 3DSMax exporter which is still today the richer version

Richer... than what ???

is there some video or docs that show what the 3ds exporter can do ???

Are there important features that 3ds max exporter does that the toolkit is not... if so, please let me know so I can get those features in there ?