Convert dpi to pixels in HTML5 games

Guys, do you know how to accurately convert dpi to pixels on mobile using java script. I am trying to display Admob banner ads in my HTML5 game which is compiled to Android app using cordova and I am trying to leave some space on the game screen for ads. Though I can leave some approximate space but I am wondering if there is some api available (or even a plugin in cordova) which gives accurate conversion from dpi to pixels. Admob ad sizes are defined in dpi and not in pixels.

15 hours ago, mattstyles said:

dpi isn't a measure of size, so I'm not really sure what you need to do, but, getting the device's pixel density in a browser environment can be done using `window.devicePixelRatio` in all modern browsers.

Does that help?

Not exactly. Since Google specifies ad sizes in dpi, it is already calculating ad sizes for display. I was wondering if there was a quick and accurate way of getting this information in a cordova app. It does not look like a trivial problem though.

Matt is correct, DPI is a measure of resolution, not a measure of length or width. An ad may have a DPI of 72 but doesn't tell you anything about its size. Try Googling "calculate size of admob ads". Some of the search results look promising.

16 hours ago, BobF said:

Matt is correct, DPI is a measure of resolution, not a measure of length or width. An ad may have a DPI of 72 but doesn't tell you anything about its size. Try Googling "calculate size of admob ads". Some of the search results look promising.

I know. Already googled and planned to continue it once I am done with my latest game which I plan to convert to Android app. Your response is much appreciated. I just thought it would be easy to pick someone's brain here. At the same time I am also wondering how many HTML5 devs are actually releasing their games to Android, iOS stores.