[WIP] Gravity Guy

venam

Disclaimer: I'm a noob when it comes to games. I'm not even a gamer myself. I'm even less of a graphic designer. Audio... don't even ask me. I'm just a *nix guy that normally does *nix stuff.

Hello HTML5 devs,

First of all, thank you for welcoming me to those awesome forums.

The past 2 weeks, totally out of curiosity, I've started to code my very first little HTML5 game, more like the very first game I've ever coded. I got inspired by "the world hardest game" (an extremely hard flash game that I love).  In my game you play around with gravity to beat levels.

Here are some scrots:

g77HpoH.jpg

roA0DWz.jpg

Link to the game:

http://venam.1.ai/gravity_guy/gravity_guy.html

(note that the *Levels* part in the menu  isn't done yet)

The game is meant to be very hard. You need to grasp the idea that you are controlling gravity so that you can enjoy playing.

Being the first time I code a game I wanted to learn something from the experience. Thus, I've done everything from scratch. I've used a lot of my knowledge of design patterns (which turned out to be a nightmare to do in js). I've used a lot of State patterns and factory patterns mixed up with some other patterns.

The game mechanism wasn't really what gave me a headache it was the graphics and sounds.

Overall, I'm not very satisfied with the result. I would've liked to have better graphics and sfx.

Also, the game doesn't look very smooth/juicy yet and at the moment it doesn't run very well on mobile devices.

Thanks for reading.

Played op my laptop, and its RAD!

The controls aren't that hard, fun feel to the whole thing. The basic tutorial works well.

Well done man.

Wow, thanks a lot. I'm still working on the tips part, the artworks, the gameplay, and the final screen.

I didn't really think anyone would really enjoy it. It's more of an experiment.

• 7 years later...