[Construct 2] Bench Press (web game)

I have ported one of my most popular old Flash-games: Bench Press! As the name implies, it's a how-fast-can-you-press game .

Play it here: https://www.athleticarcade.com/benchpress2/index.html

This version works best with keyboard control on laptop/desktop.
It does have virtual buttons for touch screens but I am developing a seperate full-screen version for tablets/phones. It should be available soon.

A few words about the development process... This was NOT a project well suited for Construct 2. The game itself is mainly math and did not use many of the plug-ins and behaviours of Construct 2. It was considerably easier to make with pure AS3 code in Flash. Still Construct has impressed me a lot and I will hopefully make other games (in very different genres) with it in the future.

benchpress.png.74284d892b9bbb03dd9cf93a65050281.png

Thanks and good lift!

I know most "gamers" will dismiss the game as too simple and that's OK - they are not really the target audience - but it does has a lot more depth than is apparent from the start. That's why I included in-depth instructions. I also plan to develop new games with different characters (i.e. like Nintendo Punch-Out) that will further showcase and exploit the less apparent mechanisms of the game. 

For example: a fat guy with a very bouncy belly, an amazon with very "touchy" tits, someone with a right arm double the size of the left arm, etc.