Tap Tap Plane

Antriel

Test your tapping and timing skills in this fun game.
Traditional flappy gameplay, tap to stay afloat! Avoid obstacles and get as far as you can.
Unlock five different secrets, each funnier than the previous one.
Can you unlock them all?

trailer_compressed.gif.e11f3dfe9dd6f98d7e0d1646f182ce95.gif

Play the game here: http://nextrealmgames.com/games/tap-tap-plane/

Developed in Haxe, using phaser v3 :)

You can put the game on your portal using this url. The game is also available for licensing.

• 2 weeks later...

The game is pretty, but I can’t play it in portrait mode on my iPad Pro (using Safari), since the right half of the canvas is out of the screen. I can play in landscape after manually zooming out until the canvas is completely visible. I think you should try to automatically resize the canvas to optimize the experience on mobile devices. :)

On 6/4/2018 at 12:01 AM, K1kk0z90 said:

The game is pretty, but I can’t play it in portrait mode on my iPad Pro (using Safari), since the right half of the canvas is out of the screen. I can play in landscape after manually zooming out until the canvas is completely visible. I think you should try to automatically resize the canvas to optimize the experience on mobile devices. :)

Interesting. I do that already. It's designed for landscape mode, so in portrait the ground gets too big, but it's perfectly playable. I guess safari has some issues with scaling, will have to check that out when I get some time. Thanks for the report.

EDIT: Thinking about it, it's probably due to my website iframe code not being responsive at all, the game itself would work fine. See here: https://html5.gamedistribution.com/b9f32d9743b54b43a643f35ee7f27aca/
I will have to update the website code to be more responsive eventually.

55 minutes ago, espace said:

It's just an flappy bird copy !

Yes, like the hundreds of others :)

Edited by Antriel

Looking good, I enjoy the sound effects and pretty art. Good job!

On 6/5/2018 at 1:40 AM, espace said:

It's just an flappy bird copy !

lol, actually Flappy Bird is a copy of an even older game and I remember playing it early 2000s before Smartphones were a thing and Adobe Flash ruled the internet with their games. 

Looks cool, but wasn't this originally developed as a Phaser2 game first?

I like how the chimes go up and up in pitch as you get the stars consecutively. But when it's at the highest pitch, I think it should also display a "+1" bonus or something. You know, similar to Super Mario when you consecutively jump on turtles to get 1-ups.

17 hours ago, BdR said:

Looks cool, but wasn't this originally developed as a Phaser2 game first?

Thanks :) Nope, started as Phaser 3 game since the beginning sometimes in summer 2017. The GFX are CC0 though, so it's possible you saw some other version.

17 hours ago, BdR said:

I like how the chimes go up and up in pitch as you get the stars consecutively. But when it's at the highest pitch, I think it should also display a "+1" bonus or something. You know, similar to Super Mario when you consecutively jump on turtles to get 1-ups.

I thought about it, but didn't want to distract the player more. It could work though.