[js] detect if mouse do multi circle rotation from a XY point.

jonforum

Would anyone know a method or algorithm in JS to calculate and detect if a mouse is moving by a circle around a target? Example if a rotate mouse *4 time around a specific XY point, i would like to re-center my camera (in my context i need algoritme for a camera engine)

I search i little bit on the web, but no found good formula to perform this.

Maybe a will need a special api ? or easy trick to do this ?

in context, the target position are know, i need to find a way to check if the mouse do multiple circled rotation around this target XY, in a timeLaspe (maybe 1000 or 2000 ms)

thank for suggest.

Perhaps think of the space around the target as a square divided into four quadrants with the target at the center? It would be relatively easy to detect when the mouse enters a particular quadrant, so if the mouse enters all four quadrants in order multiple times then it has circled the target multiple times.

2 hours ago, BobF said:

Perhaps think of the space around the target as a square divided into four quadrants with the target at the center? It would be relatively easy to detect when the mouse enters a particular quadrant, so if the mouse enters all four quadrants in order multiple times then it has circled the target multiple times.

nice idea thanks