Football jersey editor

shamnas77

I am new to the graphics world and have very less knowledge in 3d designing. I hope u guys will help me out.

I would like to create a website tht allows users to design football jerseys. I downloaded a 3d model of a footballer for blender and im planning to export it to babylon.js. 

I would like to allow my users to change the patterns of the jersey  ( eg: striped or dotted) by choosing from a pattern list. Can I import only the patterns from blender and overlap on the 3d model or will i have to import the whole model itself. 

Please give me ur valuable response. Also let me know the topics that i shud study thoroughly.

I also ask myself this question to join clothing after importing a character. How will garments take charge the skin modifier for deformation of mesh and clothing?

At the moment I am exporting with garments so that it can deform with the animation of bones, but I wonder how it goes if we do it after?

attachToBones takes into account clothing with deformation of the mesh? not sure.

On 6/4/2018 at 10:24 PM, Deltakosh said:

Hello and welcome!

we are here to help:)

Regarding your question, you can actually do both :) You can export your model and later on attach the jersey or do the opposite

To allow users to design the jersey I found out 2 ways. Which one do you think i should choose:

1. Import the complete model and change its texture based on choices.

2. Create another mesh that resembles a pattern and then import it to babylon and shrinkwrap onto the complete model. 

Please help. If my question is incomplete please let me know