Sound & Music Volume

Ninjadoodle

Hi @enpu

I've been looking through the docs, and it looks like both sounds and music have a volume property.

I know how to adjust volume for a specific sound, but I'm trying to make SFX and MUSIC ON/OFF buttons.

Is there a way I can set the volume for all SFX / MUSIC?

PS. I know I can do game.audio.playSound('sound.m4a', [volume]) ... but I'm hoping to not have to do it for every sound + I don't think it will change the volume when the sound is already playing.

Thanks in advance!

Hi @8bitdna

Thanks for that, but I’m still hoping there is a univeral volume for sfx and one for music.

Using stopAll(), will stop all the sounds currently playing, when clicking the SoundFX OFF button, for example.

However, any new sounds will still play as normal.

I know I can play all new sound effects with my own volume variable, just wondering if there is a simpler way.

For example set the whole music channel to 0 volume and set the who SFX channel to 0 volume.

Actually, another look in the audio class and I see two attributes which look like they might be what yours after:

/**
        Initial music volume (0-1).
        @attribute {Number} musicVolume
        @default 1
    **/
    musicVolume: 1,

/**
        Initial sound volume (0-1).
        @attribute {Number} soundVolume
        @default 1
    **/
    soundVolume: 1,

Maybe setting those will do the trick?

Not stupid at all, I only spotted how to do it looking through the engine source code and saw a line with it in.  I assumed the same as you in the first instance!  I'd like to be able to get a little more fluent with the engine and JS so I can understand things better.  Some parts of JS whilst powerful are a pain to me at least :)