Just Released "Paddle Force" - fast-paced update on the classic pong.

flukeout

Hey everyone, wanted to let you know that after about a year of on-the-side hobby work, my friend @secretrobotron and I have launched our collaboration: Paddle Force.

It's built on top of the matter.js physics engine and uses CSS and Canvas for the graphics. Audio and Gamepad support is handled with browswer APIs.

Try it here https://flobotron.itch.io/paddle-force

Let us know what you think of if you have any feedback or questions!

Best way to play is with a pal and a couple of gamepads.

gameplay-2.gif

screen2_1.png

Great idea and work! 

But honestly, the delay when hitting the ball (Badoom + emoticon) killed the fun for me after the first try as it simply felt like the game was lagging every time and i couldn't control it properly. (Reaction time + "lag" = :( )

1 hour ago, Jaridion said:

Great idea and work! 

But honestly, the delay when hitting the ball (Badoom + emoticon) killed the fun for me after the first try as it simply felt like the game was lagging every time and i couldn't control it properly. (Reaction time + "lag" = :( )

This ^

Also, the spin controls are way too close to the move controls. This killed it for me. And there seems no way to change it. When I click 'Settings' I redirect back to the home screen instead of a 'Settings' page. Other than that it looks good. My suggestion is to use the mouse buttons for this.

14 hours ago, losthope said:

Same here...doesn't feel like I can learn the gameplay with the "world stops". (But I do recall this "stop effect" from Mario Tennis Aces (??) ...and the Matrix franchise.)

Configurable to "MOVE: Arrow keys, SPIN: control/shift" please.

Amazing music...

Thanks for the feedback - we'll be removing the blast/stop effect (or maybe setting it as an option) and updating the keys this weekend!