Babylon.js and Shopify

ozRocker

1 minute ago, Dad72 said:

The walk is very much like a male animation. The feet go to outside.

women one walk or the feet go towards the interiors as if she followed a line and the men one more a cowboy walk

Yep, people keep mentioning.  I'm not an animator and I have zero budget for this.  So I used animations from Mixamo which aren't always great, then transferring them to a different skeleton reduces accuracy even more.  If someone paid me for this work, no problem, I'd get the best animation in the world.

In fact, you can arrange this quite easily, you must with 3ds max use a layer on your animation and simply make the foot go inward at the beginning of the animation and at the end, then merge the two layers. that's all. It's easy and quick to do.

31 minutes ago, Dad72 said:

In fact, you can arrange this quite easily, you must with 3ds max use a layer on your animation and simply make the foot go inward at the beginning of the animation and at the end, then merge the two layers. that's all. It's easy and quick to do.

well that is nicer than the other criticisms haha!  Some people said the animation looks "stiff".  But at this stage I won't be working on the 3D visuals anymore since it was just a prototype to show integration was possible.  The controls and lag need some serious work though.

Shopify actually already have plans to go 3D.  Their blog post is here https://www.shopify.com.au/partners/blog/ar-vr .  I checked out some of the demos and it appears to be using PlayCanvas.  I signed up for early access but I didn't get accepted, so I made my own Babylon.js app.  It still needs some cleaning up before I publish the app, but it works and I don't have to use PlayCanvas.