Monarchies of Wax and Honey

Corey Van Hoosen

featureGraphic2.thumb.png.d289d6a6d3ac371dcc7ec203e8d4fc02.png

Monarchies.io

Take on the role of a queen honey bee looking to build a hive.

She can start and build a colony by birthing workers and setting their tasks. Workers can forage flowers for nectar and pollen, nurse the brood, build new hive cells, and defend the hive from wasps and other players.

How to Play

• Press and hold where you want to go , and the queen bee will head there.
  • Place a hive with the 'new hive' button to place new hive cells.
  • Press a nearby hive cell to select it. Place eggs there with the 'lay egg' button.
  • Press one of your own workers to select them. Choose their job from the buttons below them. Foragers gather pollen and bring it to empty hive cells. Nurses bring collected pollen to your larvae ( which then become pupae before finally birthing as new workers ), and builders eat honey and build new hive cells.
  • Press 'attack' to toggle alarm pheromones in your workers. They will attack wasps, the nearest enemy bees, and player queens.

1618903365_ScreenShot2018-06-09at1_22_15PM.thumb.png.b23b0576133120bf16d742d786da1dfc.png

Work In Progress

The game is still in active development, bugs continue to be found and patched, and feedback on ways to improve the game is very welcome.

773603890_download(2).thumb.png.93d38e9a6e080790ffda3409f8669809.png

Planned Features

• In-game tutorial
  • Social logins and player accounts. Earn honey to unlock new bees and abilities.
  • Sound & music
  • Skeletal animation

1306285993_ScreenShot2018-05-19at4_05_12PM.thumb.png.9996f9ab21c97c0b5eeff06f79094b61.png

Where to Play

Download the game through the Play Store, or on Itch.io.

Looks appealing and artistic, the tutorial would be good because I need to recollect what I know about bees at all.

My assumptions now are: I play a queen or sister, the huge bee there is maybe called a supersister (Wikipedia...). A forager will bring pollens to my hive. A builder will increase the number of cells in my hive. At some time new bees will hatch. In a multiplayer game I'll signal my colony to attack. One pollen looks a bit like a honeycomb cell. I don't know what nursing is because all I know about bees is Maya the Bee.

The foreager brought one pollen, docked it to my hive, and he disappeared, leaving only his shadow.

Untitled.png

Untitled2.png

Completely understand about feeling a bit lost without a tutorial. You seem to have caught on to a lot of it pretty well though. Until I get a tutorial in, I've added the instructions above.

The workers that disappeared likely got chomped on by one of those wasps and died, but that could have been made much clearer. I'll add corpses rather than just leaving the shadow weirdly like that.

I recently merged the single-player and multi-player code together so I didn't need to maintain two codebases for the same stuff. From your console logs it appears it's running some functions in single-player mode it shouldn't, and the game over isn't appearing as intended. I'll look into that.

Thanks!