Sign in to follow this  
ftguy2018

Sprite Atlas with texture & bug in the Spine Plugin

Hi @ftguy2018

This is all you should need ...

game.addAsset('yourAtlas.atlas');

Now if you want to use a specific image from your atlas, declare it in the same way as you would with a single imported image.

Super easy :)

Thank you however i have tried to add the atlas generated by texturepacker but the loader froze so it seems it cannot load the asset when the spine plugin is also added to the project ? Any idea why ? 

Yes, I think there is a problem with atlas from spine and atlas for the game engine, if I export the sprite atlas using the "Spine option" from texturepacker, the atlas file can be loaded (thought I do not know how to use it) at least it does not crash, but if I export using the "panda2 option" from texturepacker it does freeze at the initial loading, can you please kindly advise how to fix this ?    

Also I found a bug in the Spine plugin, when there is a change in the attachment for a slot, the plugin will create a new object and not replace the old one, if you play the attached file to reproduce the issue, there is 1 animation idle_1 for the dragon , you need to turn the debugger panel on and you will see wings are created all the time, eventually it will reach hundreds of draw calls and frame rate will drop.

dragon.zip

Hello, any chance to have this Spine bug / Atlas reviewed ? Not being able to make atlas is not a so big issue thought I am always looking for best performances and memory footprint but spine plugin not working properly is holding our project. Please kindly advise.

Thank you so much for looking into those issues, actually I was out of the town for a while so tomorrow I will update the plugin and give a try and report, hopefully it should be work well ^^

I downloaded the plugin 1.3.1 and indeed now animated textures are displayed correctly, maybe a little performances boost too , good job ^^.... as for the atlas files I will check later on and report.