Flatchy Bird - A Flappy Bird Tribute/Parody Built in ImpactJS

curiousphil

http://flatchybird.com/

We decided to bust out yet another Flappy Bird clone. Our initial goal was two days, but its looking a little more like 3.5 days at this point for the web version. We thought a farting bird would be pretty funny. We repurposed some of the artwork from another one of our games to save a little time and built it using ImpactJS. There is a leader board that records your best score. Admittedly, I sucked at Flappy Bird and I'm not that much better at Flatchy Bird so I expect you will beat my highscore pretty quickly. There are still some minor bugs and such, but overall it should be fairly playable on desktops, tablets and mobile devices. We hope to get it on the App Store in the next week or so just for kicks. What do you think?

Thanks! I totally agree about the sound for when you score. We actually had a sound but we are currently using a single audio sprite and it was cutting off other sounds so we removed it for the time being. Android only lets you play a single track in the browser but we will be updating it so that iOS and desktops have multiple audio tracks and we will restore that sound effect.  

Obviously there are A LOT of Flappy Bird clones out there but I got to say - I REALLY like this!  The art style is very charming.  It feels akin to Doodle Jump - like it's just a game some kid drew on his binder while bored in class.  Fun!

Thanks a lot!! That's very much our creative directors style. Usually we are working with already established creative so it's fun to do a little something of our own. We wanted to try to put a bit of our own spin on this heavily cloned game!