What do you want in Babylon.js - http://babylonjs.uservoice.com

GameMonetize

Hi

You can see from this post http://www.html5gamedevs.com/topic/5735-any-way-to-export-to-android/

For Cocoonjs it is just greyish screen. I don't know the reason. (No error in CocoonJS console)

For ejacta, I don't have any mac to test it yet. If it is working please do a tutorial on how to publish to platforms (Windows Phone 8.1, Windows 8.1, IOS8.0,Android, Chrome OS and etc)

Tumira,

I determined what the dreyish screen was by changing the clear screen color and observed the change from the default color.

scene.clearColor = new BABYLON.Color3(0.8, 0.8, 0.8);

Next I verified that every gl.method() in BABYLON.Engine and functions gl is passed to are on the supported features list:

The next step I would recommend is providing a device log, even if it shows nothing.  Post it to the thread I started on the support forum.  I have done ADB a while back, but my time is very limited right now.  Also different person adding to the thread might be good.  Many of these on the support forum are both just one posting & and have no log.  There is an uncaught Java exception waiting for us.  

We have to give them something to go on.  Those commercial platforms they say they support are probably providing them with money.  Making this as obvious as possible is going to be required.

Finally, the implementation on IOS is NOT Java.  Can anyone try it there to see if the result is different?

Function to detect collisions and function follow would be useful:

camera.onColliderEnter()

camera.onColliderExit()

camera.follow(target)

Any camera can follow a target (free, arcRotate...). The camera rotating would continue to operate as it is, but can also follow a target but without lookAt.

Need a way for detecting a scene is using octrees.  TOB .ts output file needs to perform an addition of a mesh just like babylonFileLoader.ts does.  Get an error and it will not compile to a .js.

For some reason babylonFileLoader.ts is allowed to see scene._selectionOctree & call its addMesh() method.  babylonFileLoader is in the BABYLON.Internals module.  Perhaps that is why. 

Maybe a getter, or a hasOctree() : boolean, if scene.createOrUpdateSelectionOctree() will also do the add.

• 2 weeks later...

I saw this sentence in a post :

I won't add .userData because we are all using javascript and so we can add custom properties whenever we want. tags are important to organize objects but userData is just user data [ :)]

So how to import knowledge in babylon ?

For example a CAD software can export some knowledge : layer, relationships, material (e.g. steel, wood...), age, type (e.g. motor, tire or wall, roof...)

I think that it would be very useful to be able to load the exported informations from file.

But maybe I missed the way to do that ?

• 1 month later...

maybe something like i posted in the following thread would be a nice addition to the engine, create a ground using an array filled with heights. It probably needs some further thought and some cleaning up tho.

http://www.html5gamedevs.com/topic/5923-creategroundfromheightmap-use-2d-array-instead-of-image-url/

Update: Updated the code of my addon

Some sort of option for textures/materials to render always at the back of the depth buffer, (via glDepthBuffer(1,1) [supported in WebGL]), would be nice, and would greatly help the creation of skyboxes for large procedurally generated scenes.

The current method of creating a MASSIVE skybox with infiniteDistance = true, and giving the camera an equally massive maxZ is hacky, and is still limited in size.

If this doesn't exist, maybe a bone-animation interpolator? As in make the bones switch from one animation to another without looking jumpy?

That would be really fancy :D

How does a BVH object, that takes a string for its constructor, and has a static method which takes a url, and returns an instance sound?

I have not figured out any of the details, but the idea is that there could be a pose(mesh, % of move) method.  From this, an animation could be performed in the animation system, or as part of a coordinated Morph, move, and or rotate of a MORPH.Mesh.

Not making up our own format has its advantages.  Though most people do not have professional motion capture systems,  there are some downloadable .bvh files for some rigs.  Also, .bvh format is text based, http://research.cs.wisc.edu/graphics/Courses/cs-838-1999/Jeff/BVH.html, maybe an exporter or 2 could give the user the option of doing frame based animation or writing out a .bvh file as well.

Not sure how it would be parse / preprocess this format, but it is in industry wide use. 

• 3 weeks later...

Dinkelborg,

I understand your requirements, and have already implemented them in MORPH.Mesh (in extensions repository).  Your suggestion might be a first step, but the code below completes the operation for both POV movement & rotation.  DK, there should be no issue to promoting these methods up to BABYLON.Mesh, if you wanted to.

// ================================== Point of View Movement =================================        /**         * When the mesh is defined facing forward, multipliers must be set so that movePOV() is          * from the point of view of behind the front of the mesh.         * @param {boolean} definedFacingForward - True is the default         */        public setDefinedFacingForward(definedFacingForward : boolean) : void {            this._definedFacingForward = definedFacingForward;        }                /**         * Perform relative position change from the point of view of behind the front of the mesh.         * This is performed taking into account the meshes current rotation, so you do not have to care.         * Supports definition of mesh facing forward or backward.         * @param {number} amountRight         * @param {number} amountUp         * @param {number} amountForward         */        public movePOV(amountRight : number, amountUp : number, amountForward : number) : void {            this.position.addInPlace(this.calcMovePOV(amountRight, amountUp, amountForward));        }                /**         * Calculate relative position change from the point of view of behind the front of the mesh.         * This is performed taking into account the meshes current rotation, so you do not have to care.         * Supports definition of mesh facing forward or backward.         * @param {number} amountRight         * @param {number} amountUp         * @param {number} amountForward         */        public calcMovePOV(amountRight : number, amountUp : number, amountForward : number) : BABYLON.Vector3 {            var rotMatrix = new BABYLON.Matrix();            var rotQuaternion = (this.rotationQuaternion) ? this.rotationQuaternion : BABYLON.Quaternion.RotationYawPitchRoll(this.rotation.y, this.rotation.x, this.rotation.z);            rotQuaternion.toRotationMatrix(rotMatrix);                        var translationDelta = BABYLON.Vector3.Zero();            var defForwardMult = this._definedFacingForward ? -1 : 1;            BABYLON.Vector3.TransformCoordinatesFromFloatsToRef(amountRight * defForwardMult, amountUp, amountForward * defForwardMult, rotMatrix, translationDelta);            return translationDelta;        }        // ================================== Point of View Rotation =================================        /**         * Perform relative rotation change from the point of view of behind the front of the mesh.         * Supports definition of mesh facing forward or backward.         * @param {number} flipBack         * @param {number} twirlClockwise         * @param {number} tiltRight         */        public rotatePOV(flipBack : number, twirlClockwise : number, tiltRight : number) : void {            this.rotation.addInPlace(this.calcRotatePOV(flipBack, twirlClockwise, tiltRight));        }                /**         * Calculate relative rotation change from the point of view of behind the front of the mesh.         * Supports definition of mesh facing forward or backward.         * @param {number} flipBack         * @param {number} twirlClockwise         * @param {number} tiltRight         */        public calcRotatePOV(flipBack : number, twirlClockwise : number, tiltRight : number) : BABYLON.Vector3 {            var defForwardMult = this._definedFacingForward ? 1 : -1;            return new BABYLON.Vector3(flipBack * defForwardMult, twirlClockwise, tiltRight * defForwardMult);        }

I think the following would be great for 3D modelling or CAD applications:

1) Zoom All or Zoom Extent to show all visible objects

2) Pan when the middle mouse button is being held down and dragged.

3) Zoom Window (allowing the user to specify a 2D rectangle to zoom into): this one is not easy.

1) and 2) are pretty much must-have for CAD editors. 3) would be nice to have.

A "Selection" mesh 

it would be nice if we have a mesh which can select an area.

For example:

- a box which can be resized by clicking on its corners

- a selection tool which uses a "pick" on mouse click (so you can select an area on a ground mesh), and draws the lines of the selection on the ground mesh 

Another nice one would be a "Draw lines on ground mesh"

- using a pick on mouse click 

- creating something like a lasso tool

- drawing the line on a ground mesh