Webm audio question

Ninjadoodle

Hi @enpu

I've noticed that I have to include both ogg and mp4 sound file in my project, in order for it to function across multiple devices.

I've noticed that Construct 3 uses something called webm audio, but I don't know much about it. It seems like it only requires one file for each sound tho.

Is this something that would be possible with Panda?

PS. My understanding of the format might be completely wrong.

I've noticed that I have to include both ogg and mp4 sound file in my project, in order for it to function across multiple devices.

Maybe I'm a little behind the game, so this may be more of a question/request for information than a suggestion. But you can't use mp3's? From this table mp3 works on all the browsers. I don't know about the iOS/'droids, but I imagine they would have no issues with mp3. I can remember avoid mp3's whenever I could in the past because of the licensing, but it seems like that isn't an issue anymore.

Oh, nice. I didn't even realize Panda didn't support them yet. :lol: 

I think you might be right about the looping, that rings a bell. I'll see if/when I run into the issue. It might be worth living with it if it's not too bad, as making the game size x-MB smaller is a nice thing. :)