jamespierce

"Monster Clean Up!" - Clear monsters, buy weapons, climb higher!

Recommended Posts

Play Link: Monster Clean-Up

Monster Clean-Up

Can you fight monsters with a mop?

Thanks to player feedback, I've invested all my time in creating this huge update:
- New Monster Types
- Boss Events
- Different Weapons
- In-Game Shop
- Score System & Online Leaderboard!
- Personal Kill Statistics
- And more

Gameplay

You are the janitor entering a monster-infested building. How many monsters can you clear? Find out in Monster-Clean-Up!

Clear floor by floor, collect power-ups, buy new weapons and stack up on dollars to save your progress!

Check the leaderboard to compare your score with other fellow Janitors!

The game works on all mobile devices (phones, tablets).

Art & Design

All the sprites in the game have been hand-drawn by me, which is a first. I would love to hear all your feedback regarding the art style as well as the overall gameplay!

Game Link

Thank you for checking it out :)

Play Link: Monster Clean-Up

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Really fun and simple. Got a few levels up, quite rewarding to kill them like that!
I didn't manage to get up to $50 though, but I did change my outfit twice?
Nice little power ups too, and the effect where the door only slightly opens caught me off guard the first time! 😁
Would like to see this developed more!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, Umz said:

Really fun and simple. Got a few levels up, quite rewarding to kill them like that!
I didn't manage to get up to $50 though, but I did change my outfit twice?
Nice little power ups too, and the effect where the door only slightly opens caught me off guard the first time! 😁
Would like to see this developed more!

Thank you @Umz for your valuable feedback!

The chest rewards are randomized but each category has a pre-defined drop chance. Money has by far the highest drop chance! I've run some tests where I would open thousands of chests in a loop and the drop rates where always consistent with the intended drop chances:
50% Money Drop
15% Counter-Attack Item
15% +1 Weapon Item
20% Skin Drop

So if you switched skins multiple times but didn't collect $50 for the save-point, you were really unlucky! However, that's why money is never lost (unless you spend it of course) to not punish for some unlucky chests.

I am really glad you liked it, I was quite nervous about releasing it due to my hand-drawings. Traffic to the game is very low currently but the ones who play the game always complete several floors, which is a good indicator!

How would you like to see this game developed more?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just an unlucky run then, but no worries it was still really fun!
I'm not sure exactly which direction you would want to take the game, but I'd like to see a few small general things.
How many monsters I've killed.
Some sort of reward (exp, money, power up points) for killing monsters.
Some goal markers or objectives, bosses, etc.
A 'Floor Cleared' notification or something
Some dud doors with nothing in them at all
Some dark rooms / Some rooms where the light goes off suddenly

Etc. Just general small things to make the experience even more engaging. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Umz said:

Just an unlucky run then, but no worries it was still really fun!
I'm not sure exactly which direction you would want to take the game, but I'd like to see a few small general things.
How many monsters I've killed.
Some sort of reward (exp, money, power up points) for killing monsters.
Some goal markers or objectives, bosses, etc.
A 'Floor Cleared' notification or something
Some dud doors with nothing in them at all
Some dark rooms / Some rooms where the light goes off suddenly

Etc. Just general small things to make the experience even more engaging. 

I really like your suggestions, thank you so much! I'm gonna see how I can implement them in the game's current state. Else I wouldn't mind re-building the whole PlayScene to take the game in a better direction, wouldn't be the first time :) I'll keep this thread updated!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/12/2018 at 6:13 PM, Umz said:

Would like to see this developed more!

I've been silently working on a huge update for the game :D

Newly Added:
- New Monster Types
- Boss Events
- Different Weapons
- In-Game Shop
- Score System & Online Leaderboard!
- Personal Kill Statistics
- And more

Game Link: Monster Clean-Up HTML5 Game

I'm working on the Android and iOS apps next!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Them damn rats! They're hard to jump over! And this building fails health and safety on so many levels 😂 love the update, you've  really went to town on this.  So many new additions, changes and new features, it's really awesome.

Enjoyed seeing the new mechanics, learning them, getting used to them and then defeating them haha, it's rewarding. Impressive work!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/13/2018 at 4:23 PM, Umz said:

Them damn rats!

I'm glad you hate them, that's the point haha :D

On 9/13/2018 at 4:23 PM, Umz said:

And this building fails health and safety on so many levels 😂

LOL I should add that to the game description!

On 9/13/2018 at 4:23 PM, Umz said:

love the update, you've  really went to town on this.  So many new additions, changes and new features, it's really awesome. Enjoyed seeing the new mechanics, learning them, getting used to them and then defeating them haha, it's rewarding. Impressive work!

Thank you for your kind words!! Your highscore on the leaderboard, THAT is impressive :D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.