Few issues with 3dsmax exporter to GLTF

Hi there I'm having some trouble with some functions that you might (or might not lol) could help me with.

When I open the scene properties, the option to remove the default light is not there and I like to remove it on some models.

I'd like to use 2 maps that I thought was an option with the exporter but it doesn't work, I have 2 unwraps and only the first one works and it applies the same unwrap to the second map.

I have set up a test scene on github all the files used I've used are here also the max scene
https://github.com/kenny1184/TestCube
Try the scene out here

https://kenny1184.github.io/TestCube/

When you move close to the cube you will see that the bumpmap has a low resolution on the cube while I've applied a UVW Map Channel 2 and UVW Xform with 50 tiles on UVW.

(press the up arrow until you are very close to the cube to inspect the bumpmap)

Why do you need 2 different unwrap ? To be honest i don't understand what you are willing to achieve.

There is tiling of 30 in the bump texture, is it intended ? Threejs viewer does not support the KHR_texture_transform extension, but the Babylon sandbox does :)

Noalak

Why I would like 2 different maps is because I'd like to use a low res pic on a terrain and put a low res tiled bump map over that to cover it up a bit. I want my scene to be as inexpensive as possible by trying out some of these type of techniques.

I thought that the tiling in the map is pretty much ignored because it didn't seem to change anything in my end results, I usually set it to 1 but I must've forgotten it on this one cause it is not the scene I'm working on.

I see that I wsa using an older version, thanks for the updates lol! I couldn't see the version anywhere fast, it isn't in the DLL properties so I just updated and saw lots of stuff added!

So the remaining questions from me now are can I use the different maps by unfrapping or xform or something?

and another one that will make my day a lot easier, where van I find what functions exactly will work through the exporter?

I wouldn't mind loading up the VS project for that but I don't know if you've got the list as a whole.

Thanks!

I guess you've already tested it but the simpliest solution is the correct one.

Use a single unwrapUVW for your 2 maps and specify some tiling for the bump map.

This, using one of the latest exporter as you do now, results in a glTF using the KHR_texture_transform extension.

This extension introduces the tiling property which is not core to glTF specs.

Babylon glTF loader does read this extension but the Threejs one does not, at least by default.

Here are 3ds max exporter general and gltf documentations. Enjoy your reading !