My web games site (4 games so far)

1pixelarmy

Hi all!

I made some improvements to my web games site 1 Pixel Army, now it has 4 games (all made with Phaser). I'd be happy to receive suggestions for improvement.

You also have the option to place a free ad as well, to promote your game/project/whatever, you just have to sign in with your Google account. 

Hope you enjoy the games, and spread the word!

1pa.png

Hi, 
I like minimal webdesign, but for gaming portals I would use bright colors or funny bakcground.

For european users you should implement  privacy & cookie policy GDBR (The EU’s General Data Protection Regulation).
Privacy Policy for google login and leaderboards
Cookie policy for Google Analytics

Congrats, feeling solid.  I enjoyed the nostalgia of the simplicity, muted palette, control schemes, and 1980s 8-bit retro vibe.  But ... I didn't have sufficient fun to feel compelled to register my score.  Perhaps if going so minimal add some whackiness too?  The 8-bit era was full of crazy.  Some simple SFX would not go amiss.  Also I didn't enjoy not being able to replay the games without reloading the page - intentional?

Self promotion angle is intriguing but was lost on me as a player.  Add an infographic?

19 hours ago, mrseo88 said:

Hi, 
I like minimal webdesign, but for gaming portals I would use bright colors or funny bakcground.

For european users you should implement  privacy & cookie policy GDBR (The EU’s General Data Protection Regulation).
Privacy Policy for google login and leaderboards
Cookie policy for Google Analytics

Hi,

thanks a lot for your comments. I didn't think about policies, but I definitely will add them.

About colors, you're probably right, but I'm afraid of making the site too sparkly.

David

13 hours ago, b10b said:

Congrats, feeling solid.  I enjoyed the nostalgia of the simplicity, muted palette, control schemes, and 1980s 8-bit retro vibe.  But ... I didn't have sufficient fun to feel compelled to register my score.  Perhaps if going so minimal add some whackiness too?  The 8-bit era was full of crazy.  Some simple SFX would not go amiss.  Also I didn't enjoy not being able to replay the games without reloading the page - intentional?

Self promotion angle is intriguing but was lost on me as a player.  Add an infographic?

Hi!

thanks a lot for your suggestions. I'm developing the site in an iterative way,  I tried to add SFX in the past, but didn't work well.

Did you have to reload the page to replay game? I'll check that, it's not supposed to work that way.

Could be a good point to add an infographic to explain self promotion, I have the feeling that it's not well explained right now.

David

• 1 month later...