Screen fade/motion blur effect

erixon

On 8/31/2018 at 5:44 PM, Deltakosh said:

Not a big deal and I agree, this would be better to have all options off by default

Cool.

What are the default settings when not using a new StandardRenderingPipeline? Where can I find them?

If've now re-enabled Anti Aliassing on my own StandardRenderingPipeline for 1 camera but the default settings differ from all other camera's that I've created without attaching my own StandardRenderingPipeline.

this.pipeline.fxaaEnabled = true;

E.g. the anti-alias quality is way lower when setting a pipeline.

Maybe not every effect should be turned off when creating a new StandardRenderingPipeline but only the extra effects that aren't used/set when one creates a default playground scene.

Q

1 hour ago, Deltakosh said:

I prefer having people check what is possible instead of having them wonder what is on and off :)

What do you mean by "default settings when not using a new StandardRenderingPipeline" ? By default now everything is  off (https://github.com/BabylonJS/Babylon.js/blob/master/src/PostProcess/RenderPipeline/Pipelines/babylon.standardRenderingPipeline.ts#L245)

I can understand the confusion between default settings (when creating StandardRenderingPipeline) and default settings (when not doing anything with StandardRenderingPipeline)?

I'm trying to recreate the default anti-alias settings of https://playground.babylonjs.com (and any other effects) when I apply a newly instanced and further unconfigured StandardRenderingPipeline to a camera.

Apparantly tby the change in visually rendered image the settings for FxaaPostProcess in

babylon.standardRenderingPipeline.ts

line 545 (when enabling fxaa) differ from the above standard playground (and thus standard scene), which doesn't have an unconfigured StandardRenderingPipeline explicitely set in code.

So I want to stack specific effects on the current effects already present in any camera pipeline, instead of having all effects removed and rebuilding from scratch (because in the latter case I need to know about what current feature was already on and with what setting, instead of focusing on the specific added effect).

Q

• 4 weeks later...
On 9/7/2018 at 7:20 PM, Luaacro said:

@QuintusHegie awesome! =D Anyway, it just speaks about the BabylonJS essential features, maybe you already know them well :)

Received the book BabylonJs Essentials yesterday. Although some parts I already knew because I'm developing in BabylonJs already, no problem. There were still parts that I didn't know or didn't come about yet... so still useful. Plus the paperback book looks nice on my night cabinet. It's real 3D you know, real paper texture ?

• 4 weeks later...
21 hours ago, Luaacro said:

Hey @QuintusHegie we added Motion Blur post-process which is now object based :) https://doc.babylonjs.com/how_to/using_motionblurpostprocess

Note: this will work only with WebGL2 or WebGL1 with multiple render targets extension available

Ah yes, wonderful. Much better than the full-screen motionblur!

A blur setting of 1 seems enough to create the 'train in high motion' blur effect, when observing the train from a distance.

Question: How can I remove the BABYLON.GUI, created with BABYLON.GUI.AdvancedDynamicTexture.CreateFullscreenUI, from the MotionBlurPostProcess?

motionblurpostprocess.jpg.40720625fc41b40985f8df92c807dba4.jpg

E.g. the train speed-o-meter, the upper-left mission objectives and the right menu-buttons show unwanted motion blur artifacts. The 2D GUI I want to remain unaffected by 3D postprocessing...