registerOnPhysicsCollide With Any

Pryme8

Is there a way to fire a function anytime a specific body touches any other physicsImposter?

I got it for the imposters that are in the scene when the event is bound, but there will be situations where I need it to be more dynamic.

mesh.body.registerOnPhysicsCollide(scene.getPhysicsEngine()._impostors, hit)

Yeah, how the hell did I fire callbacks on every collision?  You are right I did figure this out already I'm just drawing a blank now and I don't think I have access to the script anymore.  Do I still have ftp access to your server?

• 2 weeks later...

So how do I make the 'mesh.body.registerOnPhysicsCollide()' function work without providing an array or body for the function to fire in response to.

Basically just like a global every time a physics body touches any other physics body do this method, there has to be one I just cant find it.

like a
physicsEngine.registerOnAnyCollide()

54 minutes ago, Pryme8 said:

So how do I make the 'mesh.body.registerOnPhysicsCollide()' function work without providing an array or body for the function to fire in response to.

Basically just like a global every time a physics body touches any other physics body do this method, there has to be one I just cant find it.

like a
physicsEngine.registerOnAnyCollide()

couldnt you just provide an array of all the meshes in the scene then.  Use scene.meshes??

to make it would for each one just

scene.meshes.foreach(mesh)=>{

if(mesh.body.registerOnPhysicsCollide(scene.meshes)){

console.log(mesh.name);

}

}

sorry this was kind of rush but why not that, seems general enough, right?

edit: i know you didnt want to put an array in but this is the next best thing right? gotta reference them somehow

edit2: there is probably a better way i just dont know of

I already do that, basically with the mesh.body.registerOnPhysicsCollide(scene.getPhysicsEngine()._impostors, hit)
but I have times where the imposters change quite often so the array from scene.getPhysicsEngine()._impostors is only be correct for a short period of time.

I found a work around but figured it the collisions are firing through the engine when ever a any imposter touches that there should be a way to tie into that event.