Bringing text to front

twoshorts

I was looking around for a way to bring text to front, as whenever I try to make text, and then create a new thing over the text, the text is no longer visible. I am currently going out of the way to put the text into a group and then bring the group to top, but this is a huge inconvenience to do for every text object.

Is there some method I don't know about that I can use for bringing text to the top? Or what is the common practice for doing this?

Why not have a permanent group that is on top of everything and add all the text to that one as you create them?

I set my games up to use multiple groups as display layers:

//General idea, not my actual code...backGroup = game.add.group();spriteGroup = game.add.group();textGroup = game.add.group();guiGroup = game.add.group();

• 3 months later...

I'm afraid there isn't a clean way to do this in Phaser 1.1, but I did add Text.bringToTop() to Phaser 1.2 if you can hold out a couple of weeks.

Hey Rich, 

I'm using Phaser 2.0.5, but there's no such option to bring text to the front/top.

I also couldn't find it in the latest docs.

Do I have to put all the text elements in a group and bring that to top or is there any other way?

Thanks.

Hey Rich, 

I'm using Phaser 2.0.5, but there's no such option to bring text to the front/top.

I also couldn't find it in the latest docs.

Do I have to put all the text elements in a group and bring that to top or is there any other way?

Thanks.

Hi,

I had similar problem - at the moment I use as workaround: 

...text.parent.bringToTop(text);...