ThreeJS and FBX file

ftguy2018

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Well, it makes sense to have support for some of the major graphics files format with alpha channel but anyway,  I can download the tgaloader.js of course but then where shall I copy paste it ? within the game module ? outside ? in a different file ? Can you please kindly advise? Apparently it is not working when pasted at the top of the main.js file I am just getting Uncaught ReferenceError: THREE is not defined , so I supposed it must be pasted in some dedicated part of the project 

@enpu 

Thabnk you, so I pasted the code, there is no error however it does not load the embedded texture from the fbx file like it should but trying to access some resources which does not exist with a blob (please see image), I have switched to a simple file with just 1 static model and 1 texture, do you have any idea what is happening ? Maybe the connection between the tgaloader with the plugin is not correct ?

pylon.fbx

error.png

Looks like there is something that is unsupported in your FBX. Do you have any other FBX that you can try?

If you are exporting the FBX file from another software, can you try different settings?

I have tried few different FBX files and all loading fine.

@enpu
Would you mind sharing one of your test fbx which is working ? Really first I would like to make sure that I can see a model with texture displayed before moving on tweaking anything, so far, zero models can load with texture here, all polygons with textuer are transparent, so that is why I would like to confirm we have first a good implementation of the plugin.

@enpu  thank you, we will give a try. I have a quick question about the implementation, fbx files can embed the graphics data as a files and do we need to have the files (textures) also in the media folder and the plugin will look for the name into the fbx file and load the graphic file or does the plugin extract the data out of the fbx file directly ?