Sign in to follow this  
DylanD

Preloading Help

Hey everyone,

I am trying to use assetManager to preload as much as I can.  I already have it preloading all of my sounds.  However when trying to preload gui elements (specifically gui images) i get stuck.  I can use addImageTask to get a HTMLImageElement, however i dont know how to make that into a gui element.

Any ideas? :D 

26 minutes ago, Deltakosh said:

hey!

here is how you can do it: https://www.babylonjs-playground.com/#XCPP9Y#718

Thanks DK that works great!! :D 

Just for future reference (as im sure i will forget sooner or later) here is how i ended up doing it with assetsManager

https://www.babylonjs-playground.com/#XCPP9Y#719

Thanks again!

45 minutes ago, Sebavan said:

You could probably rely on TextFileAssetTask and once the task is done fill the ShaderStore with your custom shaders ?

hmm, im not sure i understand what you mean.  To clarify(as i am a novice and want to make sure we are on the same page), i have shaders saved as shaderName.vertex.fx and shaderName.fragment.fx, i want to load them with other preloaded assets, just to make the game a bit smoother on initial load in.  I plan on saving them to a global object/global variable in my project.  

How i have the shaders implemented already is (with having the shaders save like above) i use

new BABYLON.ShaderMaterial("",scene, shaderPath, {attributes:[], uniforms:[]});

That works great, however i dont use shader store.

So what you are saying is i could use textFileAsset task then use that as the fragment and vertex files or use that text to write to shaderstore?

Im not sure i would do that as it seems somewhat complicated for little gain (i have 4 shaders so loaded files)