Strange Keystroke Behavior

Heppell08

its not so much of an error, it can be worked around but wanted to know if anyone else has this problem.

In my game i looked at the Kern of Duty stuff and used the same methodology to code a bit of story into my game with a nice bit of the writing style used on the Kern file. 

I thought i'd make life a bit simpler and give it its very own js file so i could animate and play around a bit more indepth with it. Works perfectly.

Now my little observation is the key stroke input/update.

I have touch screen coding running throughout the game and figured, some people get a bit bored watching the cinematic in games (only from personal perspective anyway) so i added a timer and made some text visible after a certain time giving instruction on how to skip the scene if the player wanted to.

i created a quick button input variable and assigned it to spacebar. Added in the update loop after a given time that the button could be pressed and the game would begin. Strangely i auto skips after the timer even though i tell it to wait for either: 

justPressed or justReleased.

But it only works and doesn't skip if i set it to:

onDown;

Anyway here is the bit code i'm now using:

if(skipTimer > 50 && skipButton.isDown || this.input.activePointer.isDown)        {            this.game.state.start('Game');        }

If they get changed to released/pressed/onDown etc etc it auto skips. Any ideas? i mainly ask because i'd prefer the touch screen players to just 'tap' and the skip would commence.