therax1986

Theraxius - HTML5 2D action game + level editor

Hi everyone. For the last few months I’ve been working on a simple HTML5 2D side scrolling action game called Theraxius. It's nothing new and revolutionary, it's more like an evolution of different technology. The game also includes a level editor so you can create your own levels. Engine (all game logic and level editor) is written completely in JavaScript, no download is required. Just load and play. Level data (stored in JSON format in the database) is exchanged thru Ajax calls. Server side is written in PHP. All images and sounds are preloaded from the server before play. The game uses HTML5 features like canvas, Fullscreen API, Pointer Lock API, Audio,… At this moment only Chrome and Firefox are supported. The game is meant to be played on PC, phones and tablets are not supported.

In the next weeks I’ll try to post some videos, try to add registration (for newsletter and later for public test).

Release date: when it's done ;)

Official page: theraxius.com

Screenshots (for bigger images, please visit official page):

001-theraxius-gameplay-small.png

002-theraxius-gameplay-small.png

003-theraxius-level-editor-small.png

005-theraxius-select-level-small.png

Hi aaryte, thanks. I will try to upload "alpha test" as soon as possible. But first I have to do some code optimisation. Last week I did the first tests on various computers and I wasn't happy with the results :)

Hello. Like I promised, here is first “alpha test” video. This game is still “work in progress”. I have a lot of ideas, but it takes a lot of time to implement them. Any feedback would be greatly appreciated ;)