s4m_ur4i

Game art-style Feedback appreciated.

Hey Guys,

I am doing mostly game assets, but I am tinkering around on my own game for a long time now. I am still uncertain about the graphics style and would like to have some feedback on this one (image). All thoughts are appreciated. - I am using phaserJS. It's a kind of exploration, Metroidvania stylish. But at the very early stage of implementation still.

note: this screen is not entirely tilebased and was edited.

~ sam

twitter2.png

9 minutes ago, s4m_ur4i said:

Hey Guys,

I am doing mostly game assets, but I am tinkering around on my own game for a long time now. I am still uncertain about the graphics style and would like to have some feedback on this one (image). All thoughts are appreciated. - I am using phaserJS. It's a kind of exploration, Metroidvania stylish. But at the very early stage of implementation still.

note: this screen is not entirely tilebased and was edited.

~ sam

twitter2.png

It looks nice and my first impression was "wow!". It is nice with the pink and grayblue together, though personally I would like to see a bit more vibrate colours on some places, and more contrast. Maybe test and make the dark parts a bit darker? Well it is hard to say from only one image though since some areas of a game can have different atmosphere like this one. But if you could make some alternatives regarding the colours. Otherwise I like the pixelated style 😊

Looks really good!!!
It would be clearer, if you put a gif with the background movements to understand how everything looks in action.

Details and characters look perfect.
Blue and gray background maybe a little boring and empty, but it all depends on your concept and how it looks in motion.

The only thing the only thing i don't like is the fog. if all the other objects have three shades, then the fog seems to have 6 or even more.
I think it better to remake the fog under the overall picture with 3 shades