Sign in to follow this  
mbforbes

Fallgate – A tiny 2D adventure game

Hi all!

My friend Cooper and I just finished our small hobby project game called Fallgate. It's a small 2D adventure game written in TypeScript using pixi.js for rendering. We would love it if you played it!

https://mbforbes.github.io/fallgate

(works in Chrome on desktop / laptop only)

I also wanted to send a belated thank you to members of this forum, because I ended up here countless times when I googled about things that I was confused about in pixi.js.

Please enjoy!

- Max

Screen Shot 2019-01-04 at 12.10.47 PM.png

Screen Shot 2019-01-04 at 12.11.54 PM.png

Screen Shot 2019-01-04 at 12.13.14 PM.png

Screen Shot 2019-01-04 at 12.15.02 PM.png

1) Going pretty well on both Chrome and Firefox (1280-720)

2)My left hand on the left side of the keyboard for AWDS control, my right hand on the mouse for aiming....So I have every time to leave a mouse only for a click "ENTER" button, maybe it's just me but this fact is little bit annoying.

Thank you for the replies!

@Nagval333, that's a great point, the end-of-level would be nicer with spacebar! We wanted people to have to read the tutorials and not (perhaps accidentally) skip through them, which is why we chose enter for that one. Will definitely consider changing end-of-level to spacebar!

@jalex I'm sorry to hear! 😞  On my laptop I can't have a lot else open for it to run well (particularly nothing else stressing the GPU, even Tiled or Logic). Might not work on older comps 😕

@khleug35 Many thanks!

FYI just pushed experimental gamepad support if you happen to have a PS4 controller etc. lying around. (The controls won't be shown on screen so not for the faint of heart.)