Saving game data on mobile (Phaser)

moe091

I'm working on a shoot-em up game in html5 for mobile devices and I'm at the part where I need to implement the ability to save progress. I don't need to save a lot of data but it is more than just a number or two, I need to include ~20 ints for their scores on each level/total score as well as a few bytes of data to save their current weapon and ability upgrades(probably a boolean value each for ~10-15 different options).

I have no idea where to start with this stuff, I've never developed for the web on desktop or mobile, although i do have experience with native mobile games. And it's my first time using javascript. Can someone just point me in the right direction so I at least know what to google? is there something like cookies that I can use? can I save data to the users device with their permission? do I need to save the info on an online server and if so do I need my own server or will I be able to use the host/sponsors site? If my game does get sponsored what would the sponsors most likely prefer? And btw will the fact that my game requires saving data deter sponsors from wanting it?(I do plan on including an endless mode for people who want a quick play as well).

I really hope there is an easy and sponsor-friendly solution to this problem, I should've looked into it more before I got so far into development but this was originally supposed to be my 'learning javascript/phaser project.' Phaser just made developing so easy that I was able to turn it into a full fledged game without much prior knowledge.

Thanks for any help :)

Somehow I missed this thread http://www.html5gamedevs.com/topic/3456-save-game-data-locally/ in my initial search but I just came across it while I was googling the same thing, so that answers my question. If anyone comes across this thread when searching for the same thing I was then that link has the answer.

I don't see a delete button for threads but if a mod/admin wants to delete this then go ahead. I apologize for not looking hard enough before making a thread :/