[Panda2]Make 10! - A card game for Android.

Wolfsbane

PromoGraphic180x120.png.1bd834dfa89130f82dbaa59aebd5c13a.png

Hiya Guys and Girls,

Make 10! is a fairly simple, solitaire-like Card game that requires a bit of math, memory, and luck to complete with a perfect score. But it's pretty satisfying when that's achieved.

It's great for children, but provides a pretty addictive little experience for adults, too.

Currently: This game is Android App only. I'm working on a website to publish it to.

One of the feedback's I'd like to hear: Is the .apk size putting you off downloading? It's almost 60mb, and most of it's because it's been built with Crosswalk. (which should produce a slightly higher quality, but I'm not sure if it's worth the extra 40+mb filesize...)

You can also leave a rating, if ya like. ?‍?

Game link:

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.daringclass.MakeTen

Screenshots:

Menu.PNG.039b4d2eec7d766db50ee6df28b14627.PNGgamePlay01.PNG.551bfacb5090bd766a8fe53bfe599af2.PNG 

Tech info:

• Game developed and built with Panda2. (Which as been a pretty good experience, and it's proven very well suited for building Card games.) Really made the Javascript-to-App conversion super painless.
  • Art by the talented @Nikky Oryzano (Who I'd recommend

Panda Community:

Tagging in the Panda boys: @enpu , @Ninjadoodle , @khleug35 , @pstrejczek . Go go go! ? 

(Sorry if if you're not a 'droid user. ? )

Great work and congratulations on getting your game published!

About Crosswalk, it's really needed only if you want to support Android 4.x, which distribution percent currently is around 10%.

One note about the game is that it seems to be designed to work only on a specific screen aspect ratio, which means that on some devices you will see black bars. Fixing this on such a simple game would be really easy. 

Greetings! Tested on Android 7.1.1 using a Moto E

I've left a good review on Google Play saying "Nice, casual solitaire game with a twist"

The app performed well and was enjoyable to play. It's kind of a toss-up on Crosswalk - yes the additional file size may be off-putting to some, but folks with older devices tend to have fewer choices on the Play-Store that are compatible, so it may be worth it. I believe the Play-Store has options for having different versions of the App for separate Android versions, so you may be able to have Crosswalk only apply to Android 4.x, and have a smaller version apply to newer versions of Android.

Most of all, congrats on getting your game on to the Play-Store; it's a very unforgiving platform. Good Luck!

Thanks Enpu!

15 hours ago, enpu said:

One note about the game is that it seems to be designed to work only on a specific screen aspect ratio, which means that on some devices you will see black bars. Fixing this on such a simple game would be really easy. 

Yes, you're right. I should take a look at that. There was some reason I didn't code it that way to begin with, but I can't remember it now. I think I was just trying to keep things simple.

1 hour ago, ShrewdPixel said:

I believe the Play-Store has options for having different versions of the App for separate Android versions, so you may be able to have Crosswalk only apply to Android 4.x, and have a smaller version apply to newer versions of Android.

That's a good idea. I'll take a look at that.

Is crosswalk necessary to run the game at all on Android 4.x?

But (for me): I used Crosswalk because I was getting blurred graphics for my build on my phone (which is Android 6.0). E.g. see this topic.  I was testing on a chinese model (Meizu MX6).

1 hour ago, ShrewdPixel said:

I've left a good review on Google Play saying

Appreciated! ☺️