SICARIO KID - quick-shot duel

Nagval333

512384gds.png

SICARIO KID -You are the sicario kid in the cruel world of money and blood. Kill as many as possible, upgrade your gear, customize your look, raise your rank, make your way to the top of cartel

?Ok this is  just a simple  quick-shot duel with some upgrading elements etc. Made by C2 and Inkscape (SFX from audiojungle).

How to play: Don't shoot until you see "FIRE!" command appear, Ignore any other commands. Touch the screen or click on the mouse to shoot.

https://sicariokid.netlify.com

So, you want to be a Sicario, kid?

P.S Dedicated to Isabel Reyes

@Nagval333 I really enjoyed this.  The concept, the style and setting, the music and the pacing - creatively great and well executed.  I got to Level 30 (100+ kills) and it kept me engaged.  If you were looking for suggestions, I'd mention that the upgrade path was initially slow (to the point some players may never achieve a single upgrade?), then seemed to quicken on the second half of upgrades as things became quite easy comparatively.   I'd also mention that finger placement meant I often hid the opponent, so I never really appreciated their variety, their rank, or their reward.  Again, great simple game :) 

Terrific game, I found it mega hard! My high score was 2 for a while, but I quite liked that difficulty, without it I think things would be stale and you kind of get into a groove after a while, where I amassed a mighty 11 (!).

I spent $500 for a heart upgrade, but didn't realise it only counts for the next run. Not sure if that is a good thing or not but my expectation (from other games) is that an upgrade is usually forever in these sorts of games. Not necessarily saying it _should_ be a forever upgrade, just that it was unexpected. I'm also not sure how you might solve that without more obvious text, which would kind-of break the immersion you've built up, which I really like in games. Of course, it may very well just be me and no-one else is so easily confused!

Hi b10b. You right after first upgrading the game become more easy. Maybe I will little-bit change the difficulty on high levels. One of the problems is that difficulty may vary from device to device, so I tried somehow to to balance it.
About finger placement like previous, it's depend on device, on PC, tablets and iPad there is no such problem I guess, on not so big displays yes it's not very comfortable :(

Hi mattstyles. Options to make permanent upgrading is pretty interesting (so player will always start with upgraded number of lives). In that case I have to make some changes in heart prices and maybe in other aspects.

1 hour ago, Nagval333 said:

Options to make permanent upgrading is pretty interesting (so player will always start with upgraded number of lives). In that case I have to make some changes in heart prices and maybe in other aspects.

Yeh, I'd agree - like @mattstyles said it went against expectation.  But it made more sense over time when the rewards were higher and hoarding paid off (so I didn't mention it).  I think permanent is the better choice.

Play tested using Chrome on MacOS Mojave.

Delightful quick-shot game. Performed well without any glitches, with a fun visual style. The difficulty is somewhat unforgiving at first, but encourages the upgrade system to advance to the next tiers of gunfights.

Nice job taking a simplistic concept and creating an absorbing game from it. ^_^

• 11 months later...

g204419.png

Just published on Google Play.  Made some fixes, minor changes and the new Leaderboard.  The game title was changed for the Google Play to "Gunfighter Kid Duel".

icon128.png

Download from GP: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.SeventhReactor.GunfighterKidDuel

Download from Amazon: https://www.amazon.com/7thReactor-Gunfighter-Kid-Duel/dp/B089FCYKLH

Edited by Nagval333