PIXI+ANGULAR: Sprite+Texture loaded but not visible

dszidi

Hello again. I've been on a roll with PIXI 4.8.7 and Angular 7. Up until now I have not needed to load images so things have gone pretty smoothly. 
Unfortunately I have run into an issue with loading images.

I've tried doing a simple method using just PIXI.Texture.fromImage()  as well as using a loader like in this example...

In both cases the problem is the same. No image is ever shown in the canvas. I log the stage, container, Sprite and Loader.resources and everything seems to check out.

There is a texture present and the image must have loaded because it reports the correct image dimensions. For some reason there is nothing on the screen. I made sure to add .bind(this) to the callback name

I'm stumped at the moment and could use some guidance. If anybody could link me to a working example of how to do this or tips on how to trouble shoot this further I would really appreciate it. Been wrestling with this all weekend and really need to get back on track.

Thanks in advance for any help.

NVM. It seems to be an issue with the image itself. I just tried another image (much lower resolution jpg) and it works. The image I was trying to load is a hi resolution png with transparent background. Strange. I will post back here if I find a resolution.

Ok, that makes a lot of sense. I was going to optimize the image anyway. Good to know. I will try this after lunch. 

I have to congratulate the PIXI devs. So far it has been a very pleasant experience working with PIXI. My only issues so far have been related to my inexperience with PIXI and integrating it with other tools.

I am loving it.