Request to moderator to stop cyberbullying in the forum.

5neia_opo2@google-mail.ooo

Request to moderator to stop cyber-bullying in the forum.

I hope to bring to the surface a series of personal attack on me by the user @botmaster.

I have never addressed him directly because on every reply he had on me, it always contain waves of attack on me on a personal level.

It is true that my frustration could get the better of me as I try to understand the framework and almost everyone here has been nice and supportive and even patient with me.

However this user, on every turn, attacked, label me a liar and in the latest post, even outright asking to have me banned for expressing inconsistencies in the framework.

===================================================================
At the beginning it has been bad:
Botmaster:
You can scale the stage, resize the stage, and handle any resolution using PIXI, and you can even do all this dynamically, you are merely complaining that PIXI doesn't do it YOUR WAY as if PIXI should have been developed for you and you only for some reason.  

More samples of his tone towards me while having never attacked nor responded to him in any personal way.
Botmaster:
What you should really complain about is your lack of understanding not just in PIXI but in programming in general, nice try btw about the "coming from JQuery" lie, it doesn't take a genius to see you know JQuery about as much as you know PIXI.

And lately to the point of laterally demanding that I be banned from existing in the forum for expressing inconsistencies in the framework:

Botmaster:
Ivan, I know you guys don't ban users that often but this guy is really asking for it, he spams the forums with posts with the only point of complaining about PIXI and whining about how Flash (AS2 apparently .... lol) is so superior in every way and how much he cries about having to switch ...

His posts are not just pointless, they are spams.

This particular user has been almost always unkind and vindictive towards me from the very get go and it has caused me great distress.
I do not want the toxic nature of this one individual be associated with the openness vibe of this forum.

Our expression towards the framework while trying to understand it should not generate expressions of hate towards us on a personnel level.

Moderators please look into the toxic situation generated by this single individual towards me please for it has caused me unnecessary emotional suffering.

Hi @[email protected]

I'm sorry that you feel you are being bullied. I can understand how you may feel that way after he asked to ban you, but I don't think this is a case of bullying, just frustration boiling over.

This is a forum where people give up their free time to help fellow users of the PixiJS library. And PixiJS is created by volunteers who are giving up even more time to develop an awesome open source renderer that anyone can use for free.

We more than welcome the questions you have been asking, and you have been getting helpful answers, but you are coming across in a negative way at times. We're trying to help, but you are often disparaging about the library. That's where part of botmaster's frustrations come from; you are new to using PixiJS, it's unfamiliar to you, it's different to what you have used before, and as all libraries do, has it's own quirks / deficiencies. (ps. we love people to contribute PRs to help improve things!). We're a small team trying to help, but in your posts you often don't come across particularly grateful for what is being offered. And when we're trying to offer something for free, to be told it's no good isn't a nice feeling!

Some examples of these comments are:

Coming from JQuery, I still find this a little unacceptable 

If you cannot do that using "on" in PixiJS, then the introducing of the on function in PixiJS is kind of like buying you a new pair of shoes just so that you can NOT walk on it.

To prove to myself that PixiJS can handle the basics of what I usually do in Flash

I assumed because mousedown and mouseup gets auto translated when using pure DOM or JQuery, that PixiJS would have the common sense to do so as wel l

but you do not have to create a mousemove event to get mouse event, the reason is because of INCONSISTENCY !

This same inconsistency bleed throughout PixiJS

We don't want to get into banning people here if we can help it. You have questions, and we're happy to help here! Just please think about how you are wording your thoughts when posting on here. Even if the mind is frustrated, try to write calmly! And I'm sure that this post here conveys @botmaster's frustrations, and would apologise for asking you to get banned as you understand where his frustrations may have stemmed from.

We want this to be a happy helpful place! :)

[email protected] has been sent to the library for a week.

Try build pixi yourself: https://github.com/pixijs/pixi.js

Read articles and look for other people projects:

https://github.com/pixijs/pixi.js/wiki/v4-Gotchas

https://github.com/pixijs/pixi.js/wiki/Boilerplate

https://github.com/cursedcoder/awesome-pixijs

here is JS guide in case you didnt have it, you can buy it or find somewhere: https://www.amazon.com/JavaScript-Definitive-Guide-Activate-Guides/dp/0596805527

Kormen, in case you need some basic algos: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Introduction_to_Algorithms , same, look up the book in google.

I hope when a week pass you'll be able to produce some quality content for the forum :)

No bans are happening here (yet). @[email protected], try to understand the frustration people are experiencing. A new user came to the forum and in nearly every post they made trashed the project they were asking about. A lot of people here put in a lot of time and effort to not only to develop the project, but answer questions here as well. I was definitely frustrated reading your responses as someone who has put 6+ years of their life into this project. @botmaster did a poor job of handling that situation, but has apologized and I'm sure will do better in the future, as will you as well.

Let's all be adults about this, acknowledge we did something wrong, and move on.

@[email protected] you are free to ask any question you need help with, but I definitely recommend reading through some tutorials, the examples, and checking the API docs before asking questions. It will often lead to you finding the answer yourself, and there will be less fatigue for the people answering here on the forum. I'd also recommend you approach things you don't understand, or decisions you disagree with, with a more open mind. Try to learn and grow the new library, not all libraries are alike and different problem spaces call for different solutions. Having a bad attitude is a good way to earn ill-will in the community and you may no longer get the help you expect if you are ungracious about it.

When you find inconsistencies, or things you think should work differently, then change it! Pixi.js is an open source library built by the community. Everyone gets a chance to make the library better by contributing to it. The best way to get problems you have fixed, are to fix them yourself.

It's probably just me, when I don't like a store, I never go to that store period but apparently some people feel the need to go to that store just to say how much they don't like that store. I can't understand it and that makes me respond ... but yeah I'm just gonna let it go from now on and just shake my head and roll my eyes if I read more of his posts ...