AnimatedSprite . onLoop function not working

MonseuirComede

var anim_array = [];
        this.animations[animation_name].forEach(function(img_path) {
          anim_array.push(PIXI.Texture.fromImage(animation_name + "/" + img_path));
});

var new_head = new PIXI.extras.AnimatedSprite(anim_array);
new_head.setTransform(old_head.x + 50, old_head.y + 50);

new_head.onLoop = function() {

console.log("LOOPING");
          new_head.stop();
};

new_head.loop = true;
new_head.animationSpeed = .1;

new_head.play();

app.stage.addChild(new_head);

Code above (within a function called animate_head). Won't log "LOOPING" or stop, but the animation displays on canvas and loops infinitely. Have been looking through forums and have no clue.

The stop() call is just so I know the onLoop is working. With or without that line, still doesn't log.

Have been looking through forums and have no clue.

Welcome to open-source. AnimatedSprite is very easy class that is supposed to be overriden by dev, usually its functions are not enough.

Place breakpoint there and debug whatever is wrong: https://github.com/pixijs/pixi.js/blob/dev/packages/sprite-animated/src/AnimatedSprite.js#L273

What version of pixijs do you use?

Thank you very much for the reply!

I went to make the breakpoint and it turns out I was using a script tag in the client towards an old version of pixi on Cloudflare before the addition of onLoop. I am updating the script tag to a static route towards the correct file in node_modules (per https://stackoverflow.com/questions/27464168/how-to-include-scripts-located-inside-the-node-modules-folder).

I am indeed rather new to open source and had some skittishness about digging into libraries. I'll abolish that effect - for the future, when overriding a Pixi class, do you modify the js file directly or some other method?

Thank you again.

I am indeed rather new to open source and had some skittishness about digging into libraries. I'll abolish that effect - for the future, when overriding a Pixi class, do you modify the js file directly or some other method?

PixiJS is focused on source-code , we have very good selection process for PR's and dont allow strange things that most people cant understand into it.

you can extend class (override), you can patch it like "PIXI.AnimatedSprite.prototype.xxx = function() ... " or you can build your own pixi fork. I know big project with modified pixijs file, it happens.