Some guy stole my game :)

Nagval333

Hi dudes.

Few months ago I made a small game, a quick-shot duel with upgrading elements "Sicario Kid" sicario-kid post

And now (few days ago) I found my game on an appstore under other "publisher" who was never contacted with me and of course have no rights for a game.

apps.apple.com/us/app/sicario-kid/id1458685879

This app store version is a kind of iframe app that working only with Internet connection (the "publisher" only disabled Leaderboard function originally is existed in a game). Moreover you can easily see on a loading screen the "made by 7thReactor" message, and the app version etc.

Yesterday I wrote a complaint to App Store support... Waiting for a solution.

P.S Really, I don't understand why this guy "the publisher" made it. The apps looks without any monetization and the guy have only one game - my game (for this moment). So what the purpose?

bacha.gif
img0239.png

You really have your fair share of shit with Google Play or App store, don't you? I can remember a post from back in March where you hit a wall with Google Play. Sad thing is, I hear similar stories from other people as well. ? As for this particular issue, I did a search on Google. It turns out your game made it to a lot of portals, not just this one. What I don't understand is, how. With flash you just ripped the SWF file from the source and that's it. Like a zip package, an SWF included everything. But with html, you have assets, scripts, style sheets, and so on.. These guys must have found a copy of your source somewhere. Where did you published this game initially? And how?

You don't need source codes to publish on playstore or appstore. If developer not protect their online games, someone can easily download from developer website everything. After this a simple way like phonegap and some tips, easily can made an apk, ipa files and publish it. So in this case, developer need to protect his code, protect his website and have a good luck. It happens.

14 hours ago, odiusfly said:

developer need to protect his code, protect his website

And how is he supposed to prevent people from ripping html, css, js and assets files from his website? Even if you block browser access, it can be done easily as well with a mere http client. In NodeJS such a thing is setup in less than 1 hour. Imho, this is easily said but very very hard to be done. Sorry dude but you don't really sound very credible.. You tell him he needs to protect his website and his code as if it is an easy chore but you fail to protect your own website. I just looked at your website and I am certain I can rip any of your games with ease.

18 hours ago, TheBoneJarmer said:

you don't really sound very credible

you fail to protect your own website

First of all, you attack me, again. I post my opinion to the guy that OPEN THIS TOPIC, why you answer me with this way and try to be smartest, again?

Lets try to rip my games, easily. Can? I have already do on my source code before export and upload, to work on my website only. Even to use as iframe will get nothing. So i'm very credible, dude.

And tell me 1 reason? Lets say you rip my games....You try the super programs, finally you rip 100000 games..... Okay okay.... what next? So what? You think can earn something?...... You will upload as yours?... To have on your hard disk? Funny uh? 1 reason.. that you smartest to write me: "....I can rip any of your games with ease."  ?

When i say, "need to protect" means some first steps than to just do "a simple export". If you are developer it's ok - you have your own way, i have mine but if you are not a developer can't give you any deep instructions here.

And of course can rip whatever is online. So the next steps are "the consequences". If you know the law, so you can continue, dude, rip my games easily. And any games on internet.

And in case @Nagval333 need instructions, can contact me anytime. Even you-anyone rip my games - any games from other developers, how many possibilities is to upload to any store, any website without report him, etc etc?

I have already down websites than just get my old games without my permissions. I will not say about playstore and appstore, guys that stole and upload games there, have no any luck, are funny.

Copyrights below to developers - wake up people like you that just look websites and can easily download games.

Next time, if you have different opinion just post it, not try to attack to other posts, just to look smartest than others.

I post my opinion and what i do on my games. I don't say, there is a super program out there that secure 100% the games, whatever, etc etc.

By the way:

I just looked at your website

Thanks again that you visit my website and play my games, again. Cheers.

Hi and thanks for the replies. I'm really not trying to make big deal from this, it's even a funny story. This is a little game and what this "publisher_guy" ? thought?

On 6/29/2019 at 10:10 PM, TheBoneJarmer said:

Your game made it to a lot of portals

It's ok, the game is uploaded to a few big game portals and from there it (I hope legally) shared to others. At least in 90% cases legally, few times some game portals just put iframe to their site with ads free version of games I used for forums etc) I think this "guy" just ripped game from one of this portals (I'm pretty sure that none of big portals is not involved on it)

On 6/29/2019 at 10:20 PM, odiusfly said:

someone can easily download from developer website everything

I know it, and honestly I do nothing about it, even a basic Construct 2 minifying the script procedure. I just thought that these little games is just not profitable to hack/steal.... and that guy he spent annual's 100$ fee only for put one stolen game ?

On 6/30/2019 at 9:09 PM, Nagval333 said:

I just thought that these little games is just not profitable to hack/steal.... and that guy he spent annual's 100$ fee only for put one stolen game

It's actually a pretty good question. I'm not familiar with Apple store, but I've got something on the Google play store. I think there is an option when you setup you your app, if it's free and you have no ad's/monetization, you can say you're open to being talked to. E.g. companies/institutions who want a bundle of 'clean', ad free games, either for offline/standalone devices, or app bundles, can easily find you and talk shop. You might think he's not making a profit, but he could simply be sub-licensing it.

Also: He likely didn't only put up your app. He probably tried with about ten. :) Apple store's a bit strict about what app's they let through. (Congrats! Only yours made it)

Ok, It's was fast. The app support wrote to that "guy" about my complaint and give him possibility to confirm his rights for an app or remove it (at the same time they encourage the both parties dispute directly with one another to resolve the claim). Anyway, the "guy" wrote me that "he's sorry" and removed the app ?

P.S  In the end I decided to complaint to Chrome Web Store too, and 10 days after they replied me that a game will be removed.

• 3 weeks later...