Roll up animation with armature

Arianna F

Hello everybody. 

I'm trying to make a thin mattress (a simple parallelepiped with textures) roll up. The first try was with a curve path ( a spiral shape) linked to the mesh, animated and modelled in blender, but the result in babylon js didn't preserve the deformation infos. The mattress was still, it didn't move except for a translation on the X axes, and inspecting the scene i could see the spiral in the meshes but not the information about the animation. 

So i tried with armatures cause i read that it's well supported in babylon js. With a simple curve animation of the bones the model's behaviour was the same as in blender, so it was performing in a great way. But, when i elaborated the bones structure to simulate the roll up, doing a spiral, the model was fine in blender but in babylon js it started behaving in a messed up way. 

My question is, is that an impossible type of armature animation to achieve cause it's not what a bone structure is supposed to do, or am i missing some exporting setting/modelling steps?

In alternative, as far as you know, is there a way to achieve that kind of animation?

I'm sorry but I wasn't able to attach a photo of the behaviour cause an error occurred "/var/www/html/uploads/monthly_2019_09 could not be created. Please contact us for assistance."

Thank you so much for the eventual support, have a great day!

Arianna

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/5/2019 at 1:29 PM, Arianna F said:

Hello everybody. 

I'm trying to make a thin mattress (a simple parallelepiped with textures) roll up. The first try was with a curve path ( a spiral shape) linked to the mesh, animated and modelled in blender, but the result in babylon js didn't preserve the deformation infos. The mattress was still, it didn't move except for a translation on the X axes, and inspecting the scene i could see the spiral in the meshes but not the information about the animation. 

So i tried with armatures cause i read that it's well supported in babylon js. With a simple curve animation of the bones the model's behaviour was the same as in blender, so it was performing in a great way. But, when i elaborated the bones structure to simulate the roll up, doing a spiral, the model was fine in blender but in babylon js it started behaving in a messed up way. 

My question is, is that an impossible type of armature animation to achieve cause it's not what a bone structure is supposed to do, or am i missing some exporting setting/modelling steps?

In alternative, as far as you know, is there a way to achieve that kind of animation?

I'm sorry but I wasn't able to attach a photo of the behaviour cause an error occurred "/var/www/html/uploads/monthly_2019_09 could not be created. Please contact us for assistance."

Thank you so much for the eventual support, have a great day!

Arianna

Hi @Arianna F, please post your question on the new forum:
https://forum.babylonjs.com/