seiyria

Callback when animation complete?

Looking at the signature for AnimationManager.play(name, frameRate, loop, killOnComplete), there doesn't appear to be a way to run a callback when an animation completes. Is there some other way to do this? If not, would it make sense to change this function to accept a callback (which could be sprite.kill)?

edit:

slightly unrelated, but there also doesn't appear to be a way to check if a sprite is animating except to check if it's currentFrame.index === original frame. Is that the right way to check it?

Hi! 

Look at the events property of the sprite. There you find onAnimationStart, onAnimationComplete & onAnimationLoop

To check for a running animation use isFinished, isPaused, isPlaying on the animation instance itself (you get that reference to the animation when you call play)

animationReference = sprite.animations.play("name")animationReference.isPlaying

http://docs.phaser.io/Phaser.Animation.html

Hey, cool! I guess I was initially confused because I wasn't sure where to look in the docs and it seemed like so many other things were callback-based, that this should be too. I see now, though. Thanks!

On 12/7/2015 at 0:22 AM, kleepklep said:

Here's the actual callback code if anyone needs it!

sprite.animations.currentAnim.onComplete.add(function () {	console.log('animation complete');}, this);

Doesn't work on Phaser 2.4.6...