[Phaser] Vacuum Guy

BadBearGames

post-7202-0-12855700-1394052427.png

Hey guys! Here's my first HTML5 game (created with Phaser!): Vacuum Guy. Tap, hold, or click to move the "Vacuum Guy" around the world. Collect particles of energy to bring the space around you to life. Also, don't hit the squares, those kill you :)

You can play the game here: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/72677606/Vacuum%20Guy/index.html

My game development blog (with more info and such): http://badbeargames.blogspot.com/

I'm a young developer and this is my first game in HTML5, so I welcome feedback and discussion. Thank you :)

Few things I noticed:

The loading screen takes extremely long and the particles are too far away, takes forever to get to them.

Also your font looks dirty and the hit test doesn't work when you hit the squares with your feet.

Oh and the canvas is way too huge, you should scale it up with css, not scale it down.

Mobile devices sure have trouble with too big canvas.

Pretty cool concept, but when I played I think the debris weren't loading properly, because they were just red boxes. And it would have the scalability in terms of levels and difficulty (maybe include lunar lander fuel type stuff too?)

If you made the character a bit smaller maybe it would shift the experience to the environment and game mechanics, opposed to just the character (and would save you having to animate the character or something, I find if it is commanding more of the screen it becomes the focal point--requiring a bit more visual stimulation)

Definitely worth expanding on I think

Hey guys, I'll be putting in these changes soon:

• Mute button in game
  • Particles closer to the player
  • Smaller collision box for the player body, the vacuum can now collect particles
  • Indicators for space rocks

@JPillz The debris starts out as red boxes, then they change to asteroids once you collect a certain amount of energy. I'll experiment with scaling the size of the player down, and see how that looks :)