Supported browsers?

peci1

Hello pixi guys! I want to ask if a set of browsers compatible with pixi.js can be defined. Something like: We support FF 20+, FF Mobile 20+, Chrome 20+, Opera and IE10+ etc.

This information would be valuable for two types of people: users (to know where they can expect the game to run) and for developers wanting to extend Pixi (e.g. to know if we can use Typed arrays or so).

Thank you for answers!

We support the following with Canvas:

IE 9+, FF 10+, Chrome 11+, Safari 5.1+, Opera 12+

We support the following with WebGL:

IE 11+, FF 15+, Chrome 11+, Safari 5.1+, Opera 19+

We also try very hard to include support for:

Ejecta, and CocoonJS

If it doesn't work in an environment you are using please let us know and we will try to include it; provided that it supports *at least* these features:

• Object.defineProperty
  • Canvas API
  • JS Image objects

I just added this information to our FAQs section: https://github.com/GoodBoyDigital/pixi.js/wiki/FAQs#wiki-what-browsers-are-supported

Thanks for the reply - this one is useful fro pixi.js users, so placing it in FAQ is a very good idea.

But I also asked for a list of browsers to support when developing pixi.js itself (when I fork it and want to do a pull request). Should I just take the minimal versions of browsers for both Canvas and WebGL renderers? I'm interested in the situation when I'm not developing a renderer-specific part of the code.

And there are no mobile browsers listed - is that correct?

Thanks for the reply - this one is useful fro pixi.js users, so placing it in FAQ is a very good idea.

But I also asked for a list of browsers to support when developing pixi.js itself (when I fork it and want to do a pull request). Should I just take the minimal versions of browsers for both Canvas and WebGL renderers? I'm interested in the situation when I'm not developing a renderer-specific part of the code.

And there are no mobile browsers listed - is that correct?

We definitely support mobile browsers, though we fix issues with those as they come up. If you fork and do a PR; the renderers, Object.defineProperty, and Object.create should be our only limiting factors. Anything in the library should be compatable with the browsers I mentioned.

• 1 month later...

We definitely support mobile browsers, though we fix issues with those as they come up. If you fork and do a PR; the renderers, Object.defineProperty, and Object.create should be our only limiting factors. Anything in the library should be compatable with the browsers I mentioned.

I'm interested in wich (biggest) mobile browsers are supported too. canIuse.com don't really show support for canvas and webGL on all well known mobile browsers like Dolphin, so I'm very curious. Would be great to have such a list!