Subsequent loads of a state do not work?

seiyria

So my game follows a format such that there is a menu you choose stages from, load them, complete them, and you go back to the main menu. You can see my main menu state code here, with a menu before loading here, and after completing a stage here.

The way I handle finishing a level is in my play gamestates update function, shown here: 

@game.physics.overlap @game.player.ref, @warps, (player, warp) =>			if warp.offX is 0 and warp.offY is 0				@finishLevel()			else				@game.player.ref.x = warp.x + warp.offX				@game.player.ref.y = warp.y + warp.offY
#here's the function that is called abovefinishLevel: () ->    @game.state.start 'MainMenu' 

(if the particular object does not have anywhere to go, it simply finishes the level)

I am not sure if I'm doing this incorrectly, but I must be because I get a blank menu after finishing a level. I have verified that MainMenu.preload() and MainMenu.create() are both being called, and the MainMenu.buttons array is being populated in both cases as well. Just, nothing displays.

You seem to be doing it correctly, try calling 

@game.state.start 'MainMenu', false, true

(not sure if that is correctly written in whatever language you are using) but basically, when you call the mainmenu state send a false and a true respectively.

If i am not mistaken the first boolean is to clear the cache (if true) and the second boolean clears the world (if true). It's a wild guess but give it a shot

You seem to be doing it correctly, try calling 

@game.state.start 'MainMenu', false, true

(not sure if that is correctly written in whatever language you are using) but basically, when you call the mainmenu state send a false and a true respectively.

If i am not mistaken the first boolean is to clear the cache (if true) and the second boolean clears the world (if true). It's a wild guess but give it a shot

The arguments are actually the other way around (true, false is implied so I exclude them). It does the same thing unfortunately.