friGame: a new HTML5 2D game engine

friGame

Hello,

I'm the developer of friGame, an open source (MIT license) HTML5 game engine library that aims to be compatible with every desktop browser and mobile device.

Check it out at:

http://frigame.org

Is it possible to use the html5gamedevs forum as a forum for discussion about friGame (maybe using a section under the Frameworks section of the forum)? I f so, how?

Thanks.

For the moment it is the only demo publicly available, sorry, but I'm working with my team at Cownado Studios (http://cownado.com) on a full game, temporarily named Frank the 'dillo, which uses friGame.

Can you tell me the specs of the computer that you used and the operating system and browser versions on which you found the front page demo to be a little too jittery, please?

If it is not a problem for you, can you try the front page demo using Firefox, and can you tell me whether there is any difference, please?

I was looking at in on an older machine (iMac 2007) in the Chrome 33. It only stuttered a few times in Chrome, but it was ridiculously bad in Firefox on that machine (sorry). Take from that what you will. It run fairly well in Firefox on a MacBook Pro 2013, a few stutters from time to time but honestly Firefox has never been as efficient as Chrome when it comes to these engines. 

Thank you for your feedback.

I asked about Firefox because, starting from version 16, it has a very efficient garbage collector, and one of the major stuttering causes is related to garbage collection.

Honestly, I don't know where the problem can be, as I develop on a hardware that is very similar to a 2007 iMac, being a 2008 PC with a Core 2 Duo, integrated Intel graphics, and Fedora 20 Linux with Firefox 27 (soon 28...), and everything runs perfectly.

Quick little update. I gave it a little more time, and remembered something I had forgotten about firefox on my machine. If you give it enough time it goes from jerky to butter smooth once I assume its become optimized for your code... (this is why I always have intro screens on my games). I'm still not sure why it acts up in chrome from time to time, it could even be that I've trained myself to spot these things (the character speed doesn't help).