Best HTML5 Games in general

michalbe

The technology is quite mature now, for the last 3 years we had two onGameStarts, one NewGameConf, countless hackatons, meetups and presentations on open web gaming, with hundreds of speakers and trainers, and thousands of attendees, but where are all those games? On sites like http://www.html5gamedevelopment.com/ we can find categories like Demos, Tools, Tutorials or Engines, but there are no Games. Maciej Miąsik, one of the Godfathers of game dev in Polad, who worked on productions like Reah, SchizmSentinel: Descendants in Time or The Witcher, told me on last onGameStart that he loves the passion of web game developers, but he is still waiting for real games. Will we have any of those in the near future? What are the best titles so far?

I think we'll some some truly fantastic HTML5 games in the coming year: it's time! I noticed that several of the top 10 games from the last couple of Ludum Dare comps were HTML5 entries... we are no longer hampered by technological limits - now it's just our artistic limits we have to conquer! 

There are many good HTML5 games out there, but they are still more or less experiments - the technology is getting better everyday, but we're just reaching it's full operability. We need an excellent, outstanding game just like Angry Birds, but created purely as an HTML5 one to get to the mainstream and be a shining example of what HTML5 game development is capable of.

I think the latest demo, The Crypt shows awesome technology potential that could be used to build top-class hit.