Sign in to follow this  
Apathy

update function of a class object not working

I started playing with the pandajs library only yesterday so maybe it is some really small problem. But i would like some help. I create a scene, and 2 objects of class Bubble I created on it. The init function of these object gets called but not the update function as shown by the console.log lines I put on the 2 functions.

Anyway here is the code.

game.module('game.main').require('engine.core').body(function(){ game.addAsset('media/Background1.png','Background');game.addAsset('media/Menu/Menu2.png','Menu');game.addAsset('media/Player/Bubblo0001.png','Bubble1');game.addAsset('media/Player/Bubblo0002.png','Bubble2');game.addAsset('media/Player/Bubblo0003.png','Bubble3');game.addAsset('media/Player/Bubblo0004.png','Bubble4');game.addAsset('media/Player/Bubblo0005.png','Bubble5');game.addAsset('media/Player/Bubblo0006.png','Bubble6');game.addAsset('media/Player/Bubblo0007.png','Bubble7');game.addAsset('media/Player/Bubblo0008.png','Bubble8');game.addAsset('media/Player/Bubblo0009.png','Bubble9');game.addAsset('media/Player/Bubblo0010.png','Bubble10');game.System.orientation = game.System.LANDSCAPE;Bubble= game.Class.extend({	anima: new Array(),	cont: 0,	con: 0,	sprite: null,	init: function( x,y,cont, scale ){				this.cont=cont;		this.anima.push('Bubble1');		this.anima.push('Bubble2');		this.anima.push('Bubble3');		this.anima.push('Bubble4');		this.anima.push('Bubble5');		this.anima.push('Bubble6');		this.anima.push('Bubble7');		this.anima.push('Bubble8');		this.anima.push('Bubble9');		this.anima.push('Bubble10');				this.sprite=new game.Sprite(this.anima[this.cont-1]);		this.sprite.anchor.x=0.5;		this.sprite.anchor.y=0.5;		this.sprite.position.x=x;		this.sprite.position.y=y;		this.sprite.scale.x=scale;		this.sprite.scale.y=scale;		game.scene.stage.addChild(this.sprite);		game.scene.addObject(this);		console.log('BUT');	},			update: function(){		console.log('WHYYYYYY');	}}); SceneGame = game.Scene.extend({con: 0,spriteMenu: null,scx: 0,bub1: null,bub2: null,init: function() {this.scx=game.system.width/800;	var spriteBackground = new game.Sprite('Background');this.stage.addChild(spriteBackground);spriteBackground.anchor.x=0;spriteBackground.anchor.y=0;spriteBackground.position.x=0;spriteBackground.position.y=0;spriteBackground.scale.x=this.scx;spriteBackground.scale.y=game.system.height/480;this.spriteMenu = new game.Sprite('Menu');this.stage.addChild(this.spriteMenu);this.spriteMenu.anchor.x=0.5;this.spriteMenu.anchor.y=0.5;// Tween sprite positionthis.spriteMenu.position.x=game.system.width/2;this.spriteMenu.position.y=game.system.height/2;this.spriteMenu.scale.x=0.1*this.scx;this.spriteMenu.scale.y=0.1*this.scx;},click:function(event){	},update: function(){	if(this.con<9){		this.con+=1;		this.spriteMenu.scale.x+=0.1*this.scx;		this.spriteMenu.scale.y+=0.1*this.scx;				if(this.con==9){			this.bub1=new Bubble(238*this.scx,352*this.scx,9,1.2*this.scx);			this.bub2=new Bubble(399*this.scx,347*this.scx,9,1.6*this.scx);		}	}}}); game.start(SceneGame);	});

Hope to solve it. Really like this engine. Keep up the good work to the creator and contributors.

Thanks for the fast reply. But I have used in the bubble init function the game.scene.addObject(this); to do that. I also tried the way you suggested but its the same result.