Looking for some very basic webGL 3D Engine?

suyashmshephertz

Hey everyone,

I have started to learn webGL recently. I am very curious to learn how these 3D engine are developed. I want to know how these engines organize shaders, programs and vertices in form of classes. I tried to look at Three.js but it's source code is very complex to start with.

Do you guys know of some basic 3D engines???

It's worth taking a look at GLSL.js:

http://greweb.me/2013/02/glsl-js-a-javascript-glsl-library-dry-efficient/

It abstracts away the messy WebGL API and lets you code pure GLSL directly on the fragment shader.

UPDATE:

Try this: 

https://github.com/gl-modules/gl-now

gl-modules is a set of tools to help you build your own WebGL renderer. 

It comes with the game-shell module, which you mouse/pointer interactivity, DOM/canvas interfaces and a very robust game loop.

gl-now is game-shell plus the some of the other gl modules.

• 2 months later...

Hey everyone,

I have started to learn webGL recently. I am very curious to learn how these 3D engine are developed. I want to know how these engines organize shaders, programs and vertices in form of classes. I tried to look at Three.js but it's source code is very complex to start with.

Do you guys know of some basic 3D engines???

Sorry to say, about the easiest I've seen as far as getting dirty (coding things rather than point and click do it for you engines) are Three.js and Babylon.js

If you wish to get easier than those you will have to go with the almost everything is coded for you game engines which typically cost money.

Note I am not saying in any way it's wrong to do so, but I found both Three.js and Babylon.js easy to get into, a month of learning and I was off on my way to making an MMO project but then again I been programming since age 9 so I admit what may seem easy for me may not to others who are still learning the ropes.

• 2 weeks later...