Hello everyone, I will start off by introducing myself. I am a London based developer working on a brand new video game concept with industry talents working alongside me to produce something unique for the mobile app market, console and web.

Eminence: Xander's Tales is a role playing adventure and trading card game (TCG/MMORPG) driven by a compelling story. The game itself also takes inspiration from classic RPGs like; Final Fantasy, Kingdom Hearts and Zelda. Set in a world where fantasy and science collide. You band with an ancient alchemist known as Xander to piece together the mysteries of a raging star which endures a cycle of death and rebirth. Together with Xander, you will begin a long journey to ultimately try and prevent the Sun's destructive cycle which stands to devastate Artalys, the world of Eminence.

The game features a unique card battle system going beyond the traditional system of attack and defence points. The core mechanics are simple to understand yet the game is difficult to master. You play against others in a strategic high risk card game where the winner can take the loser's cards. Cards can also be acquired via trading, completing storyline quests, tournaments or the marketplace. There are a number of Divisions available and many cards to collect, each with their own uniqueness in terms of both visual design and story.

Any comments/feedback would be much appreciated. We'll soon be launching on Kickstarter and releasing new content every week until then. I'll be promoting more artwork and exclusive screenshots of this game in the forthcoming weeks.

fr3Yj6G.jpg

NCfqVVh.png

ZHPlLh6.jpg

EDHBqt6.jpg

uQpHeIB.jpg

Z4Y8n6k.jpg

Hb5QPc9.jpg

ixion_division_by_shoelesspeacock-d7cmfv

eminence_world_map_by_shoelesspeacock-d6

QKEFRrP.png

Hi,

Subsribed .We have already met some where David ;)

Hello inyourpc! Thank you for the support. It means a lot to us!

How did you and David meet?  :D

The concept sound interesting and I love the minimalist line design too.

Will be waiting for more news about this (and especially behind-the-scenes development process).

Hi turnA! We will continue to release updates over the forthcoming weeks, we appreciate your feedback.

Are you using Phaser?

Nice project :D

Hi Belohlavek,

Phaser is cool but we do not intend to use it. We're using a combination of our own custom engine with Unity. However, for the browser based version we plan on porting the game to use pure web technologies such as HTML5.

Nice aesthetic, nice project!

Reminds me to a stylish, buffed version of triple triad, which is on my to-do list. :)

Rock on! We're bringing back an old classic and reinventing the game mechanics to bring something completely refreshing. Thank you for your comments marvster, and welcome to the Eminence thread.  :D

Wow, that's some gorgeous [and stylish] artwork!  I can't wait to see some of the game play.  How many people are working on your team?  How much are you looking to raise on kickstarter?  I wish you guys the best of luck... !!

Hi Kyle, Thank you for the kind words and support, it means a lot! The game is being produced by Aeterna Studios (www.aeternastudios.com). At the moment there's a total of four core team members and we're also working with a couple of external freelancers. You can learn more about the team here (http://www.aeternastudios.co/about/).

Our Kickstarter launch is in August and we're still finalising the details of our initial target amount plus stretch goals. All of this information will be ready near launch. If you have any other questions, don't hesitate to ask!