SquareCity - Economy Strategy

milkyway

Please consider, need your comment strongly! :ph34r:

Genre: Multiplayer Strategy

Implementation: PHP server (Yii Framework) + Node.js + Socket.IO, client on HTML + CSS + JS

Description:

Simple browser strategy about real economy . You can take out loans to buy food , rent a home , build houses , cafes, restaurants and provide services to other players. The city is limited and all the money flow from player to player due to income / expenses. The goal is to become the richest man in town. You can get wealthy using smart pricing policy, advertising your establishments, by collaborating with other players, and get income from depositing rates and sales.

I developed it in the last 3 months all by myself, the only thing ordered on the side are the icons of buildings for the map. Now the game is open for beta testing. Any feedback about errors, suggestions and questions are welcomed.

351782223ab04a80b73f89fe1ca02138.jpg

wow a complex game made by 1 person, such a great skill and determination!

graphic is quite appealing and fine, but not yet juicy, no animation yet.

im kind of sucker for this kind of game, played a bit of casual multiplayer economic sims, and more complex one as Anno, Sid Meier: Railroads. not that im good at it though. but im going to state the problems(plus some suggestions) i see from my quick observation:

1. im just starting but economic situation seems to be wrong or is it just me? i dont see the point to make the economy work/ how to make profit, i dont see it quite challenging right now.

everyone put their price to 1euro, and don't think we will ever run out of food (that we got to buy something at place that sells something more than 1 euro) with that much cafe/eatery, maybe need a system to balance this out. like you need something to start business/ structure type limitation divided by area.. dunno im just throwing out my idea, maybe you already have it planned but not yet implemented.

2. also tutorial still too plain and boring, and too much input at a time. maybe it's just me, but i didn't get what are the menus/items are for until i see it on application. could use some story/ character/NPC to help things work or to make an example for human player :D

3. a feature to zoom out a bit, i know minimap already there but still i wanted to see it from a little :)

"camera jumping" function from minimap could use a single click on minimap rather than only drag the white box.

4. now maximum amount need to be set to the slider manually. for example: when i need to rent a room, its said only available for 52h, but we could set it to 100, even i can OK it, but then it shows again i can only set it to max 52, then i have to set it myself to 52 or below, that's not very intuitive nor practical. especially when this needed to occur often.

5. how much they will cost before i have to purchase them to see it,  and how much do i have left after spending my money.

6. indicator on my current location (where i'm renting), easy access to the building

7. indicator on how many rooms/ food available on building, or if the building is not even available, make it darker or something (?)

8. visual (or more than visual) customization on own building, a little bit graphic tweaks perhaps? to make it distinguishable and more personal

9. i think social contents maybe need to be more engaging, i never make multiplayer economic sims though, but maybe u can take example from sim city on facebook, or other social games.

overall it needs much work to be done, but good potential, goodluck for the project :)