RIP Flash: Why HTML5 will finally take over video and the Web this year

Funkyy

http://thenextweb.com/dd/2014/04/19/rip-flash-html5-will-take-video-web-year/

"Holland-based Spil Games is just one publisher taking the HTML5 path. The company plans to publish more than 1,000 HTML5 games by the end of the year.
Spil Games already has 5,000 Flash games published on the Web, but that’s 5,000 games in its library that won’t work on tablets or phones."

Those numbers are just awesome.  :lol:

As a matter of fact, I'm glad I started playing with Enchant.js last year for a gig. Even when I'm developing games in Unity "9-5", I still work as a freelancer and having adopted html5 game development fast, taking advantage of my web-dev experience, has given me job opportunities some other friends aren't able to take.

As a big fan of the Flash software (multimedia and software platform used for creating vector graphicsanimationgames and rich Internet applications

I would really love when people talk about this topic, they precise that the "dying tool" is only the flash player (plugin), it is completely ridiculous to think that Adobe will just throw away Flash (the tool) just because of the HTML5 technology, in fact we can officially export to HTML5 with Adobe Flash CC now  which is something that i might reconsider if one day i decide to make HTML5 games "again". 

oh and please check this website  it might make you change your mind about using the term "dying" and "RIP" 

• 2 weeks later...

I too have great love for flash, I got into the art industry inspired by stick figure animations and Tom Fulp's games. 

I also think generalising is an issue. But like you said, the tool won't die, and it shouldn't. It's very powerful and there are already millions of people using it, so really nothing is really changing, it's just that we will shift to to HTML5-exclusive deployment.

I am very happy to have joined the joined the html5 gamedev vibe   B)